Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Rob, did you decide on anything? I've been pondering a new pack as well. I do like the EDC.
    I haven't. My concern with the EDC is that the handgun section is just adding weight for a function I'd rarely make use of.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx...rdova-Backpack

(self-admitted arcteryx fanboy)

buy once cry once - have one and love it.

super low drag, not in a tactical way.
    I'd consider one of those if it came in a color I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'd consider one of those if it came in a color I liked.
    what colors would those be? it may be available from a past seasons inventory. arc does not offer a full spectrum at all times unfortunately.

Revisiting this in the midst of hurricane prep, and the ability to stick a pistol in a dedicated pouch has piqued my interest. I'm thinking the Vertx EDC Ready is top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The Vertx EDC Ready bag is hands down the best everyday backpack/bag I have ever used. It's got the just the right amount of compartments/pockets for organization and is big enough (long enough, really) to fit my torso and carry well without being so big that it's too easy to overload. I love it.
    Not that Tom needs it but agreed above. I started using the Vertx Gamut in mid 2015 for 6 day a week usage in a NPE & switched over to the smaller EDC Ready Bag by the 1st quarter of 2016. I now use the Gamut for matches 2-3 wknds. a month w/ the EDC Ready fitting my needs nicely for a yr+ now.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 09-07-2017 at 07:32 PM.

I've been trying to decide between the VertX EDC, the Sentinel from Sneaky Bags https://covertbags.com/products/snea...tinel-backpack and the Recon Nine Evade http://www.alphaoneniner.com/shop/re...evade-backpack

I just sold a GR1 because it just didn't have enough organization inside for me. I also don't care for molle on the outside of my everyday backpack. I'm worried that the VertX bag won't have enough organization inside either.

The Evade seems to have everything I like all the organization inside and the ability to hang extra small bags. It's pricey though.

The Sneakybags pack has a lot of ability to be customized inside. Lots of Velcro, also ways to hang extra bags, very low pro outside. No dedicated laptop pocket but not sure if it's that big a deal to just place a laptop inside.

Anyone have any experience with the Evade or Sentinel? I think they are designed by the same guy. About all I know.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I am in need of a new dad bag. I currently have what I believe is a 25L REI that's no lineger made but that has worked well just getting beat up. I keep first aid, lighters, lights, Leatherman, wipes, etc in there when we are on outings with the kids. Kind of a real-world grab-and-go. No guns or other weapons.
    https://www.rei.com/product/854045/r...9059122&ev11=1

I'm considering the Vertx EDC Ready Pack. Anyone have or use one? I don't really care about the carry aspect but wouldn't mind having it in some situations.
    http://www.vertx.com/edc-ready-pack
    Tom Jones, Talionis and I have the EDC pack and love it. My favorite EDC pack ever.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've owned the Recon Evade. Very well thought out and made bag. It was slightly small for my uses but I often carry more shit than a typical guys edc. I'm using my old school favorite since the 90s...a slick LBT 3 day pack.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Tom Jones, Talionis and I have the EDC pack and love it. My favorite EDC pack ever.
    Can you articulate what makes it worth $150?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    (stuff)
    Interest... growing...
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List