Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    yes but the molle is a big turnoff for me.

I recently picked up an Arcteryx Mantis 26 for daily commute and travel. Don't love the admin panel, but it is the perfect size, light (14.5 oz), streamlined, and carries well lightly loaded. Ditched the hip belt, aluminum stay, and hydration tube keeper for what am using it for.

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mantis-26-backpack

There's a review of it (and lots of others) at:

https://theperfectpack.com/2018/11/2...tis-26-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    I recently picked up an Arcteryx Mantis 26 for daily commute and travel. Don't love the admin panel, but it is the perfect size, light (14.5 oz), streamlined, and carries well lightly loaded. Ditched the hip belt, aluminum stay, and hydration tube keeper for what am using it for.

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mantis-26-backpack

There's a review of it (and lots of others) at:

https://theperfectpack.com/2018/11/2...tis-26-review/
    I really wish that bag had a small accessory/sunglass/phone pouch on the top. It's pretty much the one thing I really love about my heavy bag. Meds, phone, passport, boarding pass, room key, etc. have all been really handy to have in that little pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Agree 100%, but Kifaru packs are in a league of their own IMO. I am pretty sure you could call them and have it made without the MOLLE, as I believe all their stuff is made to order if I remember correctly.

I really wish that bag had a small accessory/sunglass/phone pouch on the top. It's pretty much the one thing I really love about my heavy bag. Meds, phone, passport, boarding pass, room key, etc. have all been really handy to have in that little pouch.
    I thought the same thing, but some of the reviews I read pointed out how useful the vertical pockets on the front are. I stick sunglass case and phone in the small one, and lightweight rain jacket in the bigger one. Loose stuff I might have kept in zip pocket in the admin panel if there was one I stuck in a magpul zip pouch and stuck in the vertical pocket as well. FWIW, Arcteryx offers free returns on that item (I'm not sure if they do that for everything).

I should probably point out a few things, this being the internet and all...

I’m not desperate for a new bag. The one(s) I have now are more than capable, and serve me just fine. Their shortcomings amount mostly to minor annoyances at best, or a wish that one had a specific feature found only on the other.

So I don’t *need* a new bag at this point, I’m just keeping my options open and looking to see what else is out there that doesn’t require too much energy, effort, time, or cash expended to procure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    I thought the same thing, but some of the reviews I read pointed out how useful the vertical pockets on the front are. I stick sunglass case and phone in the small one, and lightweight rain jacket in the bigger one. Loose stuff I might have kept in zip pocket in the admin panel if there was one I stuck in a magpul zip pouch and stuck in the vertical pocket as well. FWIW, Arcteryx offers free returns on that item (I'm not sure if they do that for everything).
    Really I want both. My REI has the vertical picket on the front and I love that I can get to it with the bag still in one shoulder. Accessing in mass transit situations without having to remove the pack is awesome.

But I still love that smaller, horizontal, top pocket for the smaller items.

Really I want both. My REI has the vertical picket on the front and I love that I can get to it with the bag still in one shoulder. Accessing in mass transit situations without having to remove the pack is awesome.

But I still love that smaller, horizontal, top pocket for the smaller items.
    North Face might have something, although maybe bigger/heavier than you want. Surge or SurgeII, for example.

Great bag especially when paired with their organizer. I'd make it my EDC again if it weren't for all that molle

User Tag List