Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Need new dad bag

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I ended up using my already-available HPG kit bag...I took it on a ten day trip to Ontario through airports etc etc with all the critical stuff.

It was actually really, really handy. I thought it might cause trouble in airports for looking to military or something, but the only problem I actually had was with a totally civilian, innocuous grey shoulder bag, which I was asked to empty in front of a flight security agent.

It was a pain, because the thing was really overstuffed and I'd been in line for three hours with a two year old who was up five hours earlier than usual and they were trying to force me to make him walk the security gauntlet through the scanners alone and he was freaking out and things got hostile from there because I was about out of patience with lowly-trained idiots enforcing rules that were evidently beyond their own comprehension.

Anyway their reasoning for forcing me to empty it was "to take that case of beer out."

"You want me to remove a case of beer from this bag?"

"Yes, that's right."

"No, I can't do that. Sorry."

"If you won't, I will."

"No, you won't."

So the agent opened it up furiously and started pulling stuff out, eventually getting to a baby formula box (incidentally not all that close in proportion to a case of beer.)

"I figured you wouldn't be able to pull a case of beer out of that bag. Anything else before I tie up your table for a while repacking it?"

"You still can't have this much liquid in a carry-on," she said, holding the box.

"How much liquid is that?"

"Each bottle would have to be under 100ml and you couldn't have 12 of them."

"Fine. You want to throw away every single bottle you find in that box, or what?"

"I can throw out the entire box."

"No, I need the box and all its contents."

"I told you, you can't take this much liquid on the plane."

"I can and I will."

"Sir," she said, emphasizing each word, "you can not."

"Do you want to open the box?"

The box contained a carefully folded suit which weighed nothing even close to the equivalent amount of baby formula.

"Great work, agent. Keep those skies safe."

Usually by this point Erin is trying to make me stop talking but they made the kid cry and I am pretty sure she wanted me to make the agent cry in retaliation.
    I’ve seen them make a weeping mother dump out breast milk needed for her infant. We had struggles getting milk through those mofo when they had no definition of a toddler. Our autistic boy soothes with milk from a sippy cup. I have had times wanting to throat punch those mofos.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I’ve seen them make a weeping mother dump out breast milk needed for her infant. We had struggles getting milk through those mofo when they had no definition of a toddler. Our autistic boy soothes with milk from a sippy cup. I have had times wanting to throat punch those mofos.
    Yeah, there's a Ulysses S. Grant quote about nothing eroding respect for authority like enacting rules you can't enforce...but personally, I think enforcing rules you can't justify is at least as bad.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Not sure how long ago the 3.0 version came out, but it’s nice to see Vertx continuing to iterate and make improvements.

I still don’t think this would work for me, personally, but I like a lot of these features. For one thing, they’ve turned the hidden pistol compartment from a uni-tasked that just added built and weight for someone that wouldn’t be putting a gun in there to something that’s more multi-tasked and has potential function for others. It now opens up Al, the way, fully flat, and I could see using that compartment for a laptop and/or iPad, myself.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

little bit of an update, mostly for myself…

Firstly, the sling Concept has been great. I even had occasion to bust out the backpack again a few weeks ago and really missed the simplicity of the sling. And the Aer Day Sling 2 has been really great. I think the newer3 is a little smaller and might not actually work for me if I were to buy today.

That saidkive done what women do with houses and put so much day to day stuff in there that I don't have room to carry other stuff when I need or want to. About the only thing I can feasibly cram in there now is the ipad mini, and once that's in there the whole thing gets really tight.

So I'm kinda back on the prowl, not sure if I'm willing to go larger, haven't really found the right combination of size and internal organization, wondering if I even *need* all the organization...

There's what I have in there now, by default at all times. I think mostly it's self explanatory. Everything to the left of the small zipper bag goes in that bag, then in the sling inside the interior zipper pouch.
    Name:  IMG_2668.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  63.3 KB

There's my current comparison chart.
    Name:  IMG_0716.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  81.6 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

At labor and delivery now, wife is due in two days but we might have a early baby this time around. Im not new to dad bags but I may steal Robs idea. That's a great sling bag for fathers!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    At labor and delivery now, wife is due in two days but we might have a early baby this time around. Im not new to dad bags but I may steal Robs idea. That's a great sling bag for fathers!
    Prayers up for smooth sailing!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

New dad here and tired of the giant bag the wife has packed to take the baby anywhere.
    Looking for a small sling bag basically like the Viktos Upscale 3 sling. This is a short trip bag so looking for something for a few diapers, wipes, bottle, change of clothes, booboo kit, and a regular sized water bottle. I feel like I could make the Viktos bag work for everything short of the water bottle. Anyone have some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    New dad here and tired of the giant bag the wife has packed to take the baby anywhere.
    Looking for a small sling bag basically like the Viktos Upscale 3 sling. This is a short trip bag so looking for something for a few diapers, wipes, bottle, change of clothes, booboo kit, and a regular sized water bottle. I feel like I could make the Viktos bag work for everything short of the water bottle. Anyone have some ideas?
    I never did that level of dad-baggery, but I'd be looking at some of the larger slings like the chrome Kadet Max (15L)
    https://chromeindustries.com/products/kadet-max

You might even make the OG Kadet work for you (9L)
    https://chromeindustries.com/products/kadet-sling-bag

Or possibly even the Chrome Tensile (7L)
    https://chromeindustries.com/products/tensile-sling-bag

Generally I haven't gotten into these bags because of the lack of interior dividers but for your use case of some bulkier items they might be just the ticket

User Tag List