Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Quote Originally Posted by Crawls View Post
    The Evade looks like a sweet bag. How's it stack up to the Vertx?
    I can't really say yet. I'll at least post a side-by-side pic in a bit.

I'll obviously have more to say after I've packed it with my usual crap and then also after I've carried it. First chance to carry will probably be in a couple of weeks.

Name:  C9BD289B-F2DA-4FEB-9380-1FF419ACC198.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  52.8 KB

Just got all the gear swapped over, and already I'm super stoked with the new bag. Among other things, the straps are 10x more comfortable, and my theory about the yoke on the Vertx making it uncomfortable, and the lack of yoke on the Evade making it more flexible, seems spot on. I so far can't find one thing I like better about the Vertx.

Here's how I have it packed for now. I literally can't wait for an excuse to go stomping around with this thing.

What's not shown, that I love, is the top quick-access pocket. Meds, tickets, phone, glasses, whatever. I'm super happy about having this pouch and it's something that I was really hunting for.

Bag closed, obviously. I have now attached the bungie and love the little details like the bungie not keeping you from access any of the pouches.
    Name:  IMG_4744.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  66.8 KB

front pouch. Fits everything I carry very well. I *think* I wish the pockets were a little higher up so you didn't have to open the entire pouch to get to the pockets, but time will tell.
    Name:  IMG_4745.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  72.2 KB

First aid, sunscreen, rain gear, and a spare change of clothes. I think this will work out perfectly, and the full-open pouches are awesome for access. On this compartment the side straps kind of act as stops to keep you from over-opening the pouch when/if you don't want to.
    Name:  IMG_4748.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  69.9 KB

laptop, document, ipad sleeve. I'll keep this empty until I need it. I may also add my towel in here (once I find it again...)
    Name:  IMG_4747.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  56.8 KB

You lost your towel? That's terrible!

You're not a really hoopy frood, are you? ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    You lost your towel? That's terrible!

You're not a really hoopy frood, are you? ;-)
    I think someone else used that joke up in post #51.

Last edited by Guerrero; 01-21-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

I had forgotten about it. :-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Got a chance to schlep the new bag around a bit this past weekend. Absolutely love it, and I think I made a sale to one of my coworkers that saw the bag as well.

the Vertx is listed on there in the for sale section.

At the risk of sounding, anti-yuppie/skinny jeans, may I humbly suggest blending in with one of the toughest bags made..... JanSport.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Thanks to the research this thread provides , it was a real time saver for me. When my JanSport Airlift pack failed. The TB-Guides Edition Synapse 25 wold be my first choice if not for the cost. I believe its worth every penny, my wallets a little light after just replacing my laptop. Because of the excellent performance and longevity the Airlift provided me I went back to JanSport, ordered a Helios 30 bag. Hope it will be a keeper once it arrives. That Alphaoneniner bag looks super nice, but that velcro has got to go.

Crye has some packs on the radar now for me, the EXP 1500 and EXP 2100. The manner in which they expand is quite nice and meets my needs for a work backpack that could take a little extra but also be shaped to suit riding a motorcycle.

They're quite plain and available in grey:

Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List