Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Has anyone tried the Sentry Tumalo pack? It looks like it could work, too.

https://hexmagstore.com/sentry-tumal...her-resistant/

Site Supporter
    Casey,
    Other than price (200 v 140) , have you considered the Synapse 19 by Tom Bihn. Lots of built in organization and a bit bigger than the Luminary (19L v 15 L) ?

Let us know what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Casey,
    Other than price (200 v 140) , have you considered the Synapse 19 by Tom Bihn. Lots of built in organization and a bit bigger than the Luminary (19L v 15 L) ?

Let us know what you do.
    Hadn’t looked too hard at that one, but I’ll check it out. Thanks.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Hadn’t looked too hard at that one, but I’ll check it out. Thanks.
    I was just going to recommend that one. As a first time Tom Bihn owner it’s hard not to quickly become a fan.

Well, after spending probably 20+ hours researching bags over the past few days, I ended up ordering the very first bag I looked at, the Vertx EDC Ready Pack. Go figure. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll probably end up going the Tom Bihn route. Already owning a few Vertx bags, and liking them, I could pretty easily picture exactly how I would load out the Ready. With the TB stuff, I would have to get a bit more creative with how I would arrange things.

While doing my research, I happened across this YouTuber, who does pretty funny, thorough bag reviews (among other things). Worth a look if you’re in the market: https://www.youtube.com/user/chasereeves

Pretty cool guide editions of the Synik and synapse coming
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/guidesedition

Attachment 47742

looks like that pre-order is still active. I'm damn tempted, I just can't decide between the blue, grey, or possibly even green.

Attachment 48027 Attachment 48028 Attachment 48029

I think this a fine time, Rob, to report back that I've got half a dozen flights with SHOT and a work trip or two in, and the TB is proving to be better and better.

I really resisted the organization comments, but now I can't believe how dumb I was to think I could do better. Adapting to their pocket arrangement was stupid easy and the bag wears well and just works. I showed it off to a few friends in Vegas, all wanted a clean bag that didn't look like they belonged at SHOT, and all were immediately impressed with how it felt and carried.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think this a fine time, Rob, to report back that I've got half a dozen flights with SHOT and a work trip or two in, and the TB is proving to be better and better.

I really resisted the organization comments, but now I can't believe how dumb I was to think I could do better. Adapting to their pocket arrangement was stupid easy and the bag wears well and just works. I showed it off to a few friends in Vegas, all wanted a clean bag that didn't look like they belonged at SHOT, and all were immediately impressed with how it felt and carried.
    Thoughts, now, on the 30 vs the 22? Are you carrying a laptop (I won't be, in this bag, just an iPad).

Dell XPS 15 and an Amazon Fire HD 7. I am always always always gonna be a sucker for the larger bag empty over a small bag full. Again, to commend TB, this bag doesn't suffer nearly as much as others do. I loved my Vertx Gamut Plus, but it was a bitch if not a little full. It didn't carry well at all underloaded.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List