Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new dad bag

Found this when digging through some stuff this weekend. Thought it might be an option, but probably not. Are they even still making/selling these anymore? From what I recollect this is what Eagle considered to be “tan” even though it looks pretty OD. I had/have other Eagle gear that they called OD though and that stuff was definitely a darker green.

Name:  5361E9A4-4916-488E-A069-2B399B79DFED.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  695C8A22-27A4-4BE1-BBA0-7E90F7D01BE5.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  BFECE4BF-B2FA-46B6-AD41-DCF0D18DB462.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  101.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Found this when digging through some stuff this weekend. Thought it might be an option, but probably not. Are they even still making/selling these anymore? From what I recollect this is what Eagle considered to be “tan” even though it looks pretty OD. I had/have other Eagle gear that they called OD though and that stuff was definitely a darker green.

Name:  5361E9A4-4916-488E-A069-2B399B79DFED.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  695C8A22-27A4-4BE1-BBA0-7E90F7D01BE5.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  BFECE4BF-B2FA-46B6-AD41-DCF0D18DB462.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  101.2 KB
    What are the two smaller bags?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    What are the two smaller bags?
    they attach to either side of the main bag with the little black plastic clips and you can cinch them down with the straps.

I used them back in the day to hold my flipflops in one and my toiletries and sundries in the other when traveling.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I believe they called it "khaki. Or maybe my brain is just saying that because it makes more sense.

That pack is way too clean. I would suggest using it, or if it really doesn't fit your needs, sell it to some gearhead and finance the new pack.

The usual places still make that same design, the best are legacy Eagle and LBT. Still useful, if mil-ish looks are okay.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Joe S is spot on. That is an exceptionally well constructed pack. 1000D cordura, YKK zippers, Tier 1 plastic buckles etc.

That made in the USA pre conglomerate Eagle Industries “system” would certainly net you 75-100 after USPS large box flat rate shipping CONUS. Easily.

That would also be a perfect jumper cables/charger box/FAK/4 rain ponchos/granola bar and water stays in the car pack given the build quality and sunk costs.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

they attach to either side of the main bag with the little black plastic clips and you can cinch them down with the straps.

I used them back in the day to hold my flipflops in one and my toiletries and sundries in the other when traveling.
    Do you recall how big the pack is?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Do you recall how big the pack is?
    quick search seems to indicate approximately
    20" x 16" x 9"

more here
    https://soldiersystems.net/2020/05/1...e-eagle-a-iii/

Got the Gregory Anode. Has some potential.

Name:  42402A2C-B48D-4F8C-BB12-D003E6D7E633.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  43E15FF0-5976-48B6-9573-7A966800047D.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  82.9 KB

Name:  A6240EEA-EFA1-40D1-A77D-42084268EB03.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  49.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    A 4 year ongoing quest to find a backpack that fits the needs of a suburban white collar dad that has came full circle to possibly choosing an off the shelf, run of the mill Patagonia or North Face bag? Oh we're getting the humor. We are definitely getting the humor.
    I forgot I had wanted to come back to this...

Probably the funniest thing is some of the currently-recommended bags were never mentioned before, but also how consistently some bags are insistently recommended despite having been previously, repeatedly, rejected.

One other thing of note is that initially I had a criteria of WANTING a pistol pocket but after having a couple of different pistol-pocket bags now, I’ve realized that:
    1. Adding that pocket not only adds the bulk of the pocket, but also the bulk and weight of various stiffeners, etc. around the pocket
    2. Companies making bags with dedicated pistol pouches aren’t bag companies, they are legal coma it’s, which means they don’t know Dick about bags and they tend to have other issues making them even more bad as a bag
    3. I don’t believe I ever actually wound up putting a pistol in that dedicated space on any of the bags I bought

Took awhile for me to figure all that out.

But, again, this whole comedic journey has probably been somewhat blown out of proportion in the minds of some readers. Understanding that it’s gone on for years should provide at least some context.

at the end of the day, I seem to be arriving at the same thing I usually do, which is that there really isn’t much in my life that I actually need or want to be planning around guns/carrying/gun fighting/etc. in which case suddenly the Gregory or Osprey bags become more valid options.

And I’m betting that eventually I just wind up with the ding dang Tom Binh.

User Tag List