Thread: Hunter Constantine or Phlster Enigma, for running?

Question Hunter Constantine or Phlster Enigma, for running?

I'm looking for a good setup for carrying while running.

I'd like to run the Hunter Constantine belt, since it's cheaper and more versatile.

Does the Hunter Constantine still bounce around when you run?

​Is the Phlster Enigma much better suited for running?

(Still haven't decided what I'll be carrying for runs, most likely it'll be a S&W 340PD, Glock 19 (w/light), Sig P238 or Sig P239).

Site Supporter
    I just ordered a Mastermind Covert belt to try out for belt loop less carry. Enigma works but can get bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by sigsag1 View Post
    I'm looking for a good setup for carrying while running.

I'd like to run the Hunter Constantine belt, since it's cheaper and more versatile.

Does the Hunter Constantine still bounce around when you run?

​Is the Phlster Enigma much better suited for running?

(Still haven't decided what I'll be carrying for runs, most likely it'll be a S&W 340PD, Glock 19 (w/light), Sig P238 or Sig P239).
    Depends how important running is to you, how fast you run and how fat you are.

As for most you will need to try for yourself many things to see what works for you

Don't forget HPG and a small bum bag

Good luck and report back

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I just ordered a Mastermind Covert belt to try out for belt loop less carry. Enigma works but can get bulky.
    I would do this or a HPG chest bag. I don't see how the enigma or Constantine belt would be better than a covert belt, or maybe just try a regular belt under your shorts first. I don't like using the enigma. I use a HPG bag instead.

Site Supporter
    When I was “running/walking fast/trotting” for my 2014 hike to Philmont I tried:

1. Thunderwear (G19 and G35)

2. A fanny pack (J frame and G19)

3. A Belt around my waist with an AIWB holster in place and elastic pants/shorts pulled over (G19)

4. A pair of very lightweight synthetic tennis shorts with conventional belt loops (Shaggy Kydex Holster and Wilderness FF belt-G19)

5. Similar set up as #4 with a set of Prana synthetic hiking pants.

4 and 5 were far and away superior and allowed me to use gear I already owned. (G19)

Admittedly, I was only going 4-5 miles most days in an hour max on mostly a relatively soft gravel urban trail. When I actually rucked a loaded pack (25-40lbs), I had to use the fanny pack because the pack belt interfered with AIWB/IWB/OWB access.

I flirted with buying the HPG chest rig but ultimately rejected it as those in the know, good and bad, know what’s in the bag.

YMMV greatly.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List