Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical Swift Belt

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar

Wilderness Tactical Swift Belt

Finally! Over the years I have played around with tons of belts, chasing the perfect balance, as we all have. For about 3-4 years now I've been using some form of a Wilderness belt with a non-standard buckle. I tried for a bit to make something work and failed one way, so instead took matters into my own hands and had the buckle made. It's nothing magical, it's a variation on a G-hook buckle, and there are many out there now, but all with elastic webbing or nylon webbing that just misses the mark. Sam from The Wilderness approached me at SHOT in 2018 or 2019, it's been a bit, about some other stuff and the timing couldn't have been better. I had been wanting to talk to her about belts. Happy coincidence. With some dilly dallying and other things happening, we finally have The Swift Belt. The idea was to have a buckle that allowed the belt to be set and forget, while working well for AIWB. For this to work, it needed to disconnect entirely and have fine tuning available. Again, the buckle isn't magic, but with their webbing, the belt is my unicorn. We've had some great folks trying them out along the way and have fine tuned things here and there to have a great balance that should please everyone.

I also bugged the hell out of her for grey, so we have grey now too.

Swift Belt
    Easy-Fit Swift Belt

These links aren't visible on the main page, but yinz get a preview of it.

Disclaimer: Obviously I'm biased, but Wilderness pays for the buckles, not myself, and the purchase is through their store. Any financial gain for DSG will be through belts we may sell in the future.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

That looks good. I bought one of the low profile belt’s recently and it doesn’t work for me.

I also see Ranger green is now an option. I’ll be ordering some belts next week

Pretty cool, Tom.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well.. this is going to cost me money.

Does the angle of the g-hook allow for a contour-like fit of those older-style leather belts but in a nylon belt form? The closest thing I can think of is the Blue Force Gear grid belt (obviously its a battle belt) but they designed it to no dig into the hips. Does you g-hook clip have a similar function?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Does the angle of the g-hook allow for a contour-like fit of those older-style leather belts but in a nylon belt form? The closest thing I can think of is the Blue Force Gear grid belt (obviously its a battle belt) but they designed it to no dig into the hips. Does you g-hook clip have a similar function?
    Yes. It's not massive, but my first buckles were straight and there was a positive improvement to 5°, but not so extreme that people will dislike it.
    Dark Star Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Yes. It's not massive, but my first buckles were straight and there was a positive improvement to 5°, but not so extreme that people will dislike it.
    Very cool design. I've been wondering how to do that with a nylon belt and was considering going to the Constantine belt for comfort but the price has been a turn off. What stiffness do you like for AIWB?

I'm using a 5-stitch with a 36 pant size. If you were 30-32 I'd go 3-stitch, and above that 5 is fine.
    Dark Star Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    I'm using a 5-stitch with a 36 pant size. If you were 30-32 I'd go 3-stitch, and above that 5 is fine.
    Tom,

Since the excess belt goes on the holster side for right handers, do you fasten DCCs over just one layer or both?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Tom,

Since the excess belt goes on the holster side for right handers, do you fasten DCCs over just one layer or both?
    I wear the buckle on the left so the excess is to the left, leaving the sewn double layer for attachments.
    Dark Star Gear

User Tag List