Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kimber offers a few new finishes, sights, and grips-calls it 5 new models

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    sorry about that. I shot at 7 yards. The gun shoots point of aim (the site took some getting used to and will be better (for me) with a fiber optic front sight). I was shooting .38 special +p. The k6s weights in at 22oz and unloaded and was not trouble at all as far as recoil (with .38 special). I have yet to try .357 out of it (i just order some buffalo bore .357 for short barrel revolvers and will give it a try). As i said the trigger is very smooth and does not stack at all. Mine feels like it is about 9lbs. Now i don't have a lot of experience with revolvers, but some of the guys i shoot with do and they were impressed with the trigger. I finally started to feel some fatigue in my hand after about 70 rounds of .38 special. Looks are, of course, subjective, but i think it is an attractive revolver and can't wait to get a set of nice wood grips for it (i just didn't think that the included wood grips and fiber optic sight were worth all of the additional money they want for the other "trim levels"). I paid $900 for mine which was high, but the purchase was emotional and something that i wanted rather than being a very rational and well thought out purchase. That being said, i don't regret it one bit. Kimber is new to the revolver game is competing with very well established revolver makers like s&w (and now colt bringing a new revolver to the market). But early adopters are necessary to see if the new offering is up to par. I really think that revolver guys should try to get their hands on one just to see what they think. I'm always more than happy to let anyone who wants to try it shoot mine when at the range. I'm always very interested in what seasoned revolver guys think (those who can be objective).
    preacher, my experience was same as yours.i found nice wood stocks for it at altmont,like em a lot....................shoot the hell out of it....cya mike
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Site Supporter
    Just checked Bud's - k6S: $712.00 "cash discount price"
    Last edited by 11B10; 08-29-2017 at 03:27 PM.

User Tag List