Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kimber offers a few new finishes, sights, and grips-calls it 5 new models

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    I bought one and it shoots beautifully with a very smooth no stacking trigger. I know there is a lot of Kimber hate on the interweb, but all of my 1911's are great and this snubby is no different. Get your hands on one if you can and give it a shot.
    Thank you for the hands-on, albeit short, review.

Quote Originally Posted by DAL357 View Post
    Thank you for the hands-on, albeit short, review.
    Sorry about that. I shot at 7 yards. The gun shoots point of aim (the site took some getting used to and will be better (for me) with a fiber optic front sight). I was shooting .38 special +p. The K6s weights in at 22oz and unloaded and was not trouble at all as far as recoil (with .38 special). I have yet to try .357 out of it (I just order some Buffalo Bore .357 for short barrel revolvers and will give it a try). As I said the trigger is very smooth and does not stack at all. Mine feels like it is about 9lbs. Now I don't have a lot of experience with revolvers, but some of the guys I shoot with do and they were impressed with the trigger. I finally started to feel some fatigue in my hand after about 70 rounds of .38 special. Looks are, of course, subjective, but I think it is an attractive revolver and can't wait to get a set of nice wood grips for it (I just didn't think that the included wood grips and fiber optic sight were worth all of the additional money they want for the other "trim levels"). I paid $900 for mine which was high, but the purchase was emotional and something that I wanted rather than being a very rational and well thought out purchase. That being said, I don't regret it one bit. Kimber is new to the revolver game is competing with very well established revolver makers like S&W (and now Colt bringing a new revolver to the market). But early adopters are necessary to see if the new offering is up to par. I really think that revolver guys should try to get their hands on one just to see what they think. I'm always more than happy to let anyone who wants to try it shoot mine when at the range. I'm always very interested in what seasoned revolver guys think (those who can be objective).
    Last edited by Preacher; 03-06-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Sorry about that. I shot at 7 yards. The gun shoots point of aim (the site took some getting used to and will be better (for me) with a fiber optic front sight). I was shooting .38 special +p. The K6s weights in at 22oz and unloaded and was not trouble at all as far as recoil (with .38 special). I have yet to try .357 out of it (I just order some Buffalo Bore .357 for short barrel revolvers and will give it a try). As I said the trigger is very smooth and does not stack at all. Mine feels like it is about 9lbs. Now I don't have a lot of experience with revolvers, but some of the guys I shoot with do and they were impressed with the trigger. I finally started to feel some fatigue in my hand after about 70 rounds of .38 special. Looks are, of course, subjective, but I think it is an attractive revolver and can't wait to get a set of nice wood grips for it (I just didn't think that the included wood grips and fiber optic sight were worth all of the additional money they want for the other "trim levels"). I paid $900 for mine which was high, but the purchase was emotional and something that I wanted rather than being a very rational and well thought out purchase. That being said, I don't regret it one bit. Kimber is new to the revolver game is competing with very well established revolver makers like S&W (and now Colt bringing a new revolver to the market). But early adopters are necessary to see if the new offering is up to par. I really think that revolver guys should try to get their hands on one just to see what they think. I'm always more than happy to let anyone who wants to try it shoot mine when at the range. I'm always very interested in what seasoned revolver guys think (those who can be objective).
    No problem at all, and thanks again. I'm looking forward to seeing one, someday, in the flesh; maybe by then it will have dropped to $750-800. All of the conjecture here about the gun was interesting to read, but I'm glad someone who actually owns/shoots one piped up.

Saw my third K6s today, this one is for sale but I'm waiting to see what the tax people do this year. I will have one, hopefully soon. Asking price was $849.00. Shop had it hid on bottom shelf with two racks of 1911 Kimbers above it.

The prices are dropping as they are more available and I knew they would. For me I was in a position to buy what I wanted when I wanted and that don't happen too often, so I paid the premium just to have it. This was my first revolver, and I will be adding more to my collection (including Colts and S&W).

Anyone know of wood stocks for the K6s available yet?
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Well I finally saw not one but two in the wild today. The kid behind the counter handed one over to me, I opened the cylinder again to verify it was empty, asked him if he minded me "dry firing it a time or two" to which he said "no problem". I guess he took the "two" literally. On my third snap he informed me that "they tried to keep dry firing to a minimum", so I gently placed it back on the counter and told him I was glad I didn't break it, then I turned and put the box of Federal match wadcutters back on the shelf where I found them on my way out their door.
    As far a the Kimber itself from what little time I spent with it it seemed okay. The trigger was nicer than my SP101 but I didn't like it as much as my GP100 or 642 for that matter. Wish I could have gone over it closer but rude gun counter people are right there with rude bartenders and yes thoughts of Capt. McCrae flashed through my mind.

"Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic"

I saw a K6 for the first time yesterday. I liked it. It seemed well put together. The trigger pull . . .

While it was described upon its intro as "like a good K frame", I didn't see that much connection. It was light like a nice K frame but it seemed like a remarkably SHORT total pull distance.

If I'd had 750 bored dollars I very well might have taken it home.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Guns America News and Reviews:

Kimber Adds Three New Models to K6s Revolver Product Line

Still no Rainbow Titanium?

ETA: ...and seriously, no full length ejector rod on the 3"?
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 07-21-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Earlier this month I finally spied one of these beasts at my local, independent gun store. I liked how svelte and balanced it was, but the $850 price tag was too rich for my blood. Once in the parking lot I realized I had forgotten, in my amazement at actually seeing one outside of cyberspace, to dry fire it.

Oh well, I'm pretty much over the gun now, not that I wouldn't ever consider owning one--it would make a great AIWB gun--but that price...

Still, it is a revolver, and I'm happy to se e gun makers haven't completely given up on them.

User Tag List