Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embracing progressive thought...

Site Supporter

Embracing progressive thought...

Lol clickbait...

Updates/thoughts to follow tho.

I have a buddy who got one of these just a few months ago. There are a few tweaks needed to get it running perfectly. If you run into problems then PM me and I'll have him give you a hand. He knows all the tricks to get it running smoothly. He's very happy with his.

I have an RCBS Pro-2000 that I got about 14 years ago. At the time I was seriously considering the Hornady LnL progressive but I chose the RCBS as there were complaints back then about Hornady's primer feed assembly, which as I understand still requires some attention to get it to work reliably.

I have one as well, and I'm also happy to answer questions/help troubleshoot if needed. I'm not an expert, but I've had to make a few tweaks on mine here and there. No machine is perfect, but the Hornady's pluses make it worthwhile to put up with its relatively minor minuses, in my opinion, at least.

I load 9mm and 45ACP on mine. No regrets, would buy again. Highly recommend the RCBS lock-out die just for QA confidence.

Sorry I went Blue on this one!

Site Supporter
    So...some initial thoughts. The press didn't seem to come with a shellplate...so there's that to get...which is shipping now. I will also be getting a powder cop/lockout die before even loading a single round. Need to prevent a KB. More die bushings are inbound as I suspect I'll be swapping calibers to rifle at some point during my 3 gun journey or (less likely) if I go back to single stack and start loading up .45 again. My dad wants some .38 ammo, so there's definitely that. More bushings are also en route.

I need to get a case feeder as well...no point in going progressive if you're not getting a casefeeder. A bullet feeder will be finding its way towards me at some point as well, but probably not until I've got the press set up and done some loading for a bit.

The priming system does seem a bit retarded....nonetheless, I'm getting pretty giddy about being able to load a shit ton of rounds. Once I find a reliable source for powder I'm in the clear...I want to standardize on one powder.

My table is an old kitchen table, but I'm not sure if it's solid enough to hold up. May reinforce with a sheet of plywood.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    The priming system does seem a bit retarded....
    Keep it clean and well-lubricated with a dry film lube like Hornady's One Shot and it'll run smoothly. Gotta make sure you check it for stray grains of powder every so often, though; they'll gum up the works if they get in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Embracing progressive thought...
    You make her happy.

I'm running a dillon 650 with a case feeder and love it. Just did a 1000 9mm for my father inlaw

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Here is a good video series on YouTube you may find helpful. The only issues I had was the lock’n load bushings coming out and the shell plate nut coming loose.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9gIzfzEWzn10Hl

User Tag List