Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Remington RP

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Don't send me anything man. I'm shady. I'll use your return mailing address to come to your house and leave your flag on the mail box up all the time and pee in your garden. Very shady.
    Normally that kind of thing costs more than a box of 9mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Sounds like a prime candidate for the 2000 Round Challenge.
    Circling back to the first page to talk about the handgun again for a second.

I had an opportunity to put ~200 rounds through one of these and liked it enough to order one. When it ships I will start through the usual 2,000-round paces and post results.

Some of what the OP said lines up with my experience. Sample of one, but the trigger was very smooth and had a rolling break (no stacking at all), which I like - the TTI connector in my G34 actually came to mind, as did the VP9s I've handled (still haven't shot one of those yet).

Very soft shooter, even for 9mm. I'm not a SME or anything but between that and the trigger I liked it right away. Noticeably took less mental work to shoot for groups than my G34.

Again though, I kind of suck.

I can actually see some of the grip size stuff the OP is talking about. It's not nearly as fat in the hand as I expected it to be, and with the small backstrap it's pretty small all the way around for a fullsize pistol. I could see the small panel fitting my wife without issue (she's 5'5). I would probably use one of the bigger panels (I wear a size L to XL glove).

Pleasantly surprised, striker guns aren't normally my thing. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennebago View Post
    Circling back to the first page to talk about the handgun again for a second.

I had an opportunity to put ~200 rounds through one of these and liked it enough to order one. When it ships I will start through the usual 2,000-round paces and post results.

Some of what the OP said lines up with my experience. Sample of one, but the trigger was very smooth and had a rolling break (no stacking at all), which I like - the TTI connector in my G34 actually came to mind, as did the VP9s I've handled (still haven't shot one of those yet).

Very soft shooter, even for 9mm. I'm not a SME or anything but between that and the trigger I liked it right away. Noticeably took less mental work to shoot for groups than my G34.

Again though, I kind of suck.

I can actually see some of the grip size stuff the OP is talking about. It's not nearly as fat in the hand as I expected it to be, and with the small backstrap it's pretty small all the way around for a fullsize pistol. I could see the small panel fitting my wife without issue (she's 5'5). I would probably use one of the bigger panels (I wear a size L to XL glove).

Pleasantly surprised, striker guns aren't normally my thing. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.
    Looking forward to reading your long term impressions of the pistol. I'd like to think that Remington is capable of producing a modern, quality, striker fired handgun, and hope that this one is a winner.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Interesting how things change. I was a heavy-grade DA/SA grade carrier for 20+ years... then switched to Glock for another 10-15 years. Then, to the HK LEM, which really works me up.

Then, recently back to Glock for the light weight of the the G43 ( works very nicely), and now that I got it figured that my time is getting shorter than I first thought, why the hell not just do what I want as long as a I still can? I don't LIKE Glocks. Never have, although they are generally excellent pistols for execellent service use, and I still have several of them that are 20+ years old and ready to work again. The New G43's have done equally well.

The new-to-me P30SK seems good, but I simply prefer the shorter return trigger of the USP Compact. However, I need the P2000SK size now, with the longer P2000 reset cycle. Sigh. And I know that the P30SK has a better "grip"... the horned P2000SK front strap is not good to me. I think I"ll decide which one- P30SK or P2000SK- then sell the one USP V1 I have, and whittle on the now-EDC type that I feel better about. The P30SK is drawing the better "balance"... A bit of handling will make me decide. My "regular" P30 pistol will be an additional correct "trainer", I suppose.

In any event, the fact a few more rounds in a ten-shot pistol are better, plus one extra larger set-up P30 15 round standard magazine (with an added filler to fit the shorter grip) should be enough stops me from getting three extra short-round G43 moats quickly available. Several ounces more aren't going to make THAT much difference. Been thinking about too much.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Interesting how things change. [...] Been thinking about too much.
    First of all, I'm glad to still have you around, because I always value your opinion.

Second, does all this cogitation mean you are going to buy the Remington RP? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    I would be up to do a 2000 round challenge with it, just need a ammunition supplier.
    Buy it yourself.

Lots of us have documented our 2000 round challenges without rattling a tin cup.

Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    Attachment 13085

Hello all, I just got a Reminton RP and put 300 rounds through her. We all know Remington has made some decent 1911's and had a debackle with the R51, but let me tell you, this is a home run.
    The pistol is a full size in 9mm, it has the standard trigger safety most pistols have. It looks like it is heavy like a "Canik", but when you pick it up it feel's lighter than a VP9. The slide has a trapezoid shape from looking from the top. The grip is so thin and reminds one of a 1911 or Kahr grip (super comfortable). It comes with 3 back straps as most do today, but the medium fit well in my hands and two others. Shooting, this pistol was designed to be run! The trigger is light (5-6# felt), and the reset is short and positive. I found it hard to shoot this on "slow fire mode", this pistol wants to run accelerated pairs/triples. I think it actually has the best out of the box polymer trigger, do to the trigger being slightly rounded and the safety placed in the center. The sights are steel and standard three dot white, with the rear having a design lip for one hand manipulation. Accuracy is okay, for me shot slightly low, but keep in mind when I ran it, it was 9 degrees outside, with no gloves. I was not trying to see if it was a "tack driver" but wanted to run it all out. Of the 300 rounds we put through it we had not one malfunction of anykind with either steel magazine it comes with. The only isue was several times we paused because we thought it was out (shooting 12-16 rounds), but realized it wasn't. Did I mention both magazine hold 18 9mm cartridges? They are double stack which feed up to single round (similar to glock). I do not know how Remington did it, but the grip is strong and thin, because it does not feel like you are holding a double stack magazine.
    The pistol comes smeared with packing oil, but takes down easy like most modern pistols, and the machining is outstanding (reminds me of Dan Wesson). It does come with a nice accessory rail, though not a big fan of them. I think Remington has hit a home run, and has a platform that they will springboard into others (like another company we know). Will keep you all posted as I run it.
    So was this a drive by posting or do you have anything more to add?

In regards to the SME thing, it's like having Joe Average Driver taking the newest supercar around the track, vs the Stig.
    Of course, there's a few non-official folks here that are a bit like Jezza*, Hamster**, and Cpt. Slow***- not exactly slouches in the driving and review department either.

*Tam
    **GJM
    ***Dagga

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

Second, does all this cogitation mean you are going to buy the Remington RP? ;-)
    Nope. Been carrying HK USP Compacts in 9mm for awhile, then everything went to shit in less than a month during the first cancer surgery back in August. I thought the smaller, lighter G43 would be better, and it has worked okay. But I still prefer HK, so now I'll decide on a Sub- Compact for EDC when I get back into somewhat squared away shape. Probably going to start lasting shorter and shorter; whatever, I'll last as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Nope. Been carrying HK USP Compacts in 9mm for awhile, then everything went to shit in less than a month during the first cancer surgery back in August. I thought the smaller, lighter G43 would be better, and it has worked okay. But I still prefer HK, so now I'll decide on a Sub- Compact for EDC when I get back into somewhat squared away shape. Probably going to start lasting shorter and shorter; whatever, I'll last as long as I can.

I dearly hope you do :-)

User Tag List