Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington RP

Remington RP

Name:  20170107_092039.jpg
Views: 1208
Size:  45.6 KB

Hello all, I just got a Reminton RP and put 300 rounds through her. We all know Remington has made some decent 1911's and had a debackle with the R51, but let me tell you, this is a home run.
    The pistol is a full size in 9mm, it has the standard trigger safety most pistols have. It looks like it is heavy like a "Canik", but when you pick it up it feel's lighter than a VP9. The slide has a trapezoid shape from looking from the top. The grip is so thin and reminds one of a 1911 or Kahr grip (super comfortable). It comes with 3 back straps as most do today, but the medium fit well in my hands and two others. Shooting, this pistol was designed to be run! The trigger is light (5-6# felt), and the reset is short and positive. I found it hard to shoot this on "slow fire mode", this pistol wants to run accelerated pairs/triples. I think it actually has the best out of the box polymer trigger, do to the trigger being slightly rounded and the safety placed in the center. The sights are steel and standard three dot white, with the rear having a design lip for one hand manipulation. Accuracy is okay, for me shot slightly low, but keep in mind when I ran it, it was 9 degrees outside, with no gloves. I was not trying to see if it was a "tack driver" but wanted to run it all out. Of the 300 rounds we put through it we had not one malfunction of anykind with either steel magazine it comes with. The only isue was several times we paused because we thought it was out (shooting 12-16 rounds), but realized it wasn't. Did I mention both magazine hold 18 9mm cartridges? They are double stack which feed up to single round (similar to glock). I do not know how Remington did it, but the grip is strong and thin, because it does not feel like you are holding a double stack magazine.
    The pistol comes smeared with packing oil, but takes down easy like most modern pistols, and the machining is outstanding (reminds me of Dan Wesson). It does come with a nice accessory rail, though not a big fan of them. I think Remington has hit a home run, and has a platform that they will springboard into others (like another company we know). Will keep you all posted as I run it.

Sounds like a prime candidate for the 2000 Round Challenge.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Sounds like a prime candidate for the 2000 Round Challenge.
    I...actually really want to see that.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

That OP reads like Remington ad copy. Are you real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be up to do a 2000 round challenge with it, just need a ammunition supplier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    I would be up to do a 2000 round challenge with it, just need a ammunition supplier.
    That would be you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    www.sgammo.com

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    www.sgammo.com

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Or here: http://www.targetsportsusa.com/

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'd donate $10-20 to the cause, assuming we could come to terms on sufficient documentation, proof, and a reasonable schedule.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Vending Machine Operator
    I am also in for $10 out of raw curiosity, with the understanding that I'm not in any way liable if the thing goes grenade on ya.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List