Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally picked up a P226 9mm Legion

Finally picked up a P226 9mm Legion

I'm pumped and got it for a pretty good price used. I'm almost positive it hasn't been fired yet, and it is in amazing shape. Now I just have to get all the other stuff for it with the SN and get called a tacticalbuttboy. But! All jokes aside, honestly it feels perfect. The options this gun has should come on all Sigs. The grip, texture, checkering and controls are perfect for me. I'm very happy with it and I know people think it's marketing hype, and it is. But I will say, at face value and especially the price I got it for ($1050) it's a great gun. I also really like the finish/barrel finish over my old MK25 I had to sell unfortunately. Also the trigger is perfect for a DA/SA gun. The only thing that makes me nervous is how light the recoil spring is. But I think for range work, and everything I do other than war fighting it will be a gem.

I'll take it out in a few days and post my results. Merica!

Name:  Sig P226 Legion.jpg
Views: 1755
Size:  59.3 KBName:  Sig P226 Legion 4.jpg
Views: 3024
Size:  44.5 KBName:  Sig P226 Legion 5.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  27.1 KB

Vending Machine Operator
    LGS has a few of these in (the standard model 226, the SAO model 226, and the standard model 229). Regardless of what anyone says about price point and marketing hype, they are undeniably nice pistols. Well-finished, great grips. Enjoy it.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    LGS has a few of these in (the standard model 226, the SAO model 226, and the standard model 229). Regardless of what anyone says about price point and marketing hype, they are undeniably nice pistols. Well-finished, great grips. Enjoy it.
    Thank you sir, I'm sure it's going to be as perfect as I'm hoping. I also buy copies of everything. At least 2. If I can center punch everything like I'm hoping, I see another P226 9mm DA/SA, and 2x P229 9mm DA/SA's. I have a secret love for SIG P226's/229's, and these might be the ticket. I just can't believe how good it feels in hand, and how perfectly it points. Akin to my HK45's for sure.

I shot a buddies SAO for a good bit a few weeks ago. Very nice pistol, actually for the money I thought it was a steal. It was stupid accurate at 25 on a B8.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    Thank you sir, I'm sure it's going to be as perfect as I'm hoping. I also buy copies of everything. At least 2. If I can center punch everything like I'm hoping, I see another P226 9mm DA/SA, and 2x P229 9mm DA/SA's. I have a secret love for SIG P226's/229's, and these might be the ticket. I just can't believe how good it feels in hand, and how perfectly it points. Akin to my HK45's for sure.
    I own both a 226 and 229 Legion. I've tried a few different Sig's in the past and the Legion series is on point for what I want in a Sig. I did change both hammer springs out from the factory 21# to 18# hammer springs. Reduced the DA pull to roughly 7-8 pounds; can't find my Lyman but when I do I'll get an exact number. They're not my go-to guns (Beretta TDA fanboy) but I do enjoy shooting them from time to time. My sample of two will be staying around.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I own both a 226 and 229 Legion. I've tried a few different Sig's in the past and the Legion series is on point for what I want in a Sig. I did change both hammer springs out from the factory 21# to 18# hammer springs. Reduced the DA pull to roughly 7-8 pounds; can't find my Lyman but when I do I'll get an exact number. They're not my go-to guns (Beretta TDA fanboy) but I do enjoy shooting them from time to time. My sample of two will be staying around.
    Does that #18 lb spring reliably ignite all primers? I tried using an 18# in a Mk 25, but ended up with a 19 because it wouldn't fire all primers on the first strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Does that #18 lb spring reliably ignite all primers? I tried using an 18# in a Mk 25, but ended up with a 19 because it wouldn't fire all primers on the first strike.
    Mine have so far. TBH I don't have a boat load of rounds through these with these springs. Maybe 200? Low round count but these are mostly range blasters.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I have a 17lb in both my Mk25 and I haven't had any issues shooting Freedom Munitions 124gr, AE 124gr, Speer Lawman 124gr, Blazer Brass 124gr, Federal Champion 115gr, UTM Training rounds & Federal HST 147gr +P. Between the 2 guns, I'm probably close to 11k rounds total.

Which ammo were you having issues with?

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    With what you get in the Legion package, it is really hard to beat. Especially if you plan on buying a new Sig and comparably equipping it (P-SAIT, Action Enhancement Package, Hogue G10 Checkered, X-Ray Sights, Reduced Profile Controls).

Regarding reduced power mainsprings....

Not to throw a wrench in the works, but I work for an agency that issues Sigs and via testing we've run into issues with light strikes with both 17 and 18 lb mainsprings in a variety of 228/229/226 pistols. With both old style and new style mainspring seats. Ammunition has included American Eagle 124 ball (our training round) and our issued Federal 124 HST +P (P9HST3). I've had slightly better luck with my personal reloads (Winchester primers) but I still run 19#ers in my match and training guns because of intermittent light strike issues.

Glad you're digging the Legions!

t

User Tag List