Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only one... MK25 vs M9A3

Only one... MK25 vs M9A3

I have a MK25 coming to me I recently won because it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up ($650). I like Sigs and the MK25 would be the one to get if I could only own one Sig. However I've lusted over the M9A3 for the past 3 years. I have never seen one in person. I have a local guy who has one <250 rounds and wants to trade for a Sig Mk25. This would be my TDA AIWB gun for the time being. I ahve always preferred Beretta over Sig but some of the newer M9A3 horror stories give me pause. The one I'm looking at is a MD gun so maybe that makes it a tad better than the TN guns at the moment?

If anyone has shot/owned either or both, can you give me input on which would be a better "ONE GUN" for AIWB carry and training?

Obligatory pics of my $650 MK25

Site Supporter
    I'd keep the mk25 for aiwb- the Beretta was too long for my body type, and the Sig is almost an inch shorter.

Only reason for the beretta in my opinion is if you want the safety on while holstering - your habit if you want to click it on/off ala 1911 on the holster/draw, or click it off after being holstered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I'd keep the mk25 for aiwb- the Beretta was too long for my body type, and the Sig is almost an inch shorter.

Only reason for the beretta in my opinion is if you want the safety on while holstering - your habit if you want to click it on/off ala 1911 on the holster/draw, or click it off after being holstered.

Well i always ride the hammer, so the M9A3 would be G converted. The length is a good point. The 34 is just Barely too long, where as the 17 is perfect. And that difference is only about an inch or so as well....hmmm

Site Supporter
    Mine was a 92G - I'd compare the OAL of the 17/34 and the 92/226 for a better idea. If you want to be in the habit of decocking every time you come off target and move, the mk25 will probably be easier to do this, especially one handed.

I prefer the MK25. I have a pair of them and have literally beat the shit out of them and they simply digest anything. I've got over 8,000 on my primary MK25 beater and only one stoppage as a result of a partially loaded magazine that I had previously dropped and reloaded. The previously dropped magazine had rounds towards the bottom jam up and caused a single feed stoppage. Other than that, they've ate everything. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 01-28-2017 at 04:22 PM.

I don't really have a dog in the Sig vs Beretta fight, but I would humbly suggest that if you are going to have "one" gun as your primary carry gun, it behooves to have at least two, and ideally three examples of it. One to carry, one for practice and one for spare.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I don't really have a dog in the Sig vs Beretta fight, but I would humbly suggest that if you are going to have "one" gun as your primary carry gun, it behooves to have at least two, and ideally three examples of it. One to carry, one for practice and one for spare.
    I have a backup G19 if the main TDA goes down.

Basically i will not have any disposable income in the future. So getting the MK25 for $650 was a fluke. I've always wanted a M9A3, but wont be able to buy one for at least a year, so this would be the only way to get one. However I have not shot the MK25 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Basically i will not have any disposable income in the future. So getting the MK25 for $650 was a fluke. I've always wanted a M9A3, but wont be able to buy one for at least a year, so this would be the only way to get one. However I have not shot the MK25 yet.
    I just got an AIWB holster for my M9A3. It is indeed a good bit longer than my P226 Legion AIWB. I'll post up some pics later this evening showing both guns in functionally the same holster (JM Custom George AIWB, Extra Tuck, 1.5" split loops) on my gun belt to show the length difference below the beltline.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I just got an AIWB holster for my M9A3. It is indeed a good bit longer than my P226 Legion AIWB. I'll post up some pics later this evening showing both guns in functionally the same holster (JM Custom George AIWB, Extra Tuck, 1.5" split loops) on my gun belt to show the length difference below the beltline.
    would appreciate that.

I really wanted the 34 to work, but that little bit just dug in enough to hinder my right leg from coming up, even though it was in pelvic crease. I always thought the Beretta was same length (slide wise) as the 226 though.

User Tag List