Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recoil: Benelli M2 Comfortech - v. - HK Benelli M1 S90 - v. - 870P?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I shot an 870 when I was in highschool, and it kicked like a beast. Maybe it was due to the thin buttpad (it was an old 18.5" wood-stocked gun from another era) I can't imagine another shotgun managing recoil delivery to the shoulder more violently. For comparison, I view the Benelli M4 with buckshot/slugs to be "fun for hundreds of rounds", so long as it's not fired from the bench.
    I had been using a Mossber 500, 18.5" for about ten years until last month when I got myself into a Benelli M4.

I will NEVER shoulder another little pump shotgun. The M4 has maybe 1/2 the recoil, is faster, and easier to shoot. Learning to reload it has been a challenge, but I'm getting there.

M4s are awesome to shoot, it's basically like having AR recoil to me.

M1/M2s, not so much. I used an M1 Super 90 for casual 3-gun and that thing was the king of purple shoulders.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    M4s are awesome to shoot, it's basically like having AR recoil to me.

M1/M2s, not so much. I used an M1 Super 90 for casual 3-gun and that thing was the king of purple shoulders.
    I hear you! The final straw for my shoulder, with my M1 Super 90, was a "select slug" training/certification class. I endured, but then had to lie down on a bench for about half an hour, to let a nausea-like feeling subside, before I drove home. I soon sold the Benelli, and bought another pump gun. I did not try another Benelli for over twenty years.

User Tag List