Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Mossberg jumped the shark...

Has Mossberg jumped the shark...

...or is Bubba and co "gonna get me one of dem!" Or maybe I am blind and missing the application.

I had to pause for a minute to make sure this really belongs in the "Long Guns' sub-forum. Did the best I could.
    Last edited by FPS; 01-17-2017 at 01:49 AM.

I'm sure I'm not the only one looking at the vertical forgrips and thinking of that guy with the keltec...

They are loads of fun.
    See, I was blind to the fun factor

When did they jump the shark? Did you miss the 500 tactical chainsaw from 2011, their entire zombie lineup from 2012 or the tactical levergun in 2013?

They jumped the shark long ago.

I'm not gonna pretend these have any application other than being a range toy and looking cool as hell. I'm also not gonna pretend I don't totally want one of the Shockwaves that doesn't need a tax stamp.

I suppose you could buy the shockwave and have a cool thing to play with while you wait for the stamp that would allow you to put a stock on it. You could do the same with a regular shotgun but this thing would be easier than tracking down a short 590 tube and ether buying a 14" barrel or having one shortened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm also not gonna pretend I don't totally want one of the Shockwaves that doesn't need a tax stamp.
    I'm on that like a motherfucker just to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the anti-gun crowd.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    See, I was blind to the fun factor
    Ephphatha.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Fine as a range toy.

Nearly useless as a defensive implement.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Serbu has been making the Super Shorty for a long time. They are loads of fun.
    I want one and now a Mossie won't break the bank.

When the AR pistol first arrived it was roundly dismissed too. Useless it was. Just sayin'
    Last edited by JHC; 01-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm on that like a motherfucker just to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the anti-gun crowd.
    They should offer a package of two along with a harness to carry them on your back. Or maybe thigh holsters.

User Tag List