Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Federal 38 wadcutter-ish round?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That may function in a certain .38 special converted 1911.....
    Or a Model 52 S&W. You know you want to carry it...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Hells Bells! New revolvers coming out of the woodwork and now new 38 Special rounds? Right now I'm at the point of not caring so much if any of this new stuff works that well, that'll all get sorted out in time. What I'm happy about is that at least people are trying, that's got to count for something. Trump said I'd get tired of winning but I didn't know he meant this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Don't do this to me. I've - for years - resisted the siren song of a M52 on the justification that, "I don't shoot enough Wadcutters and I'd never - ever - carry the thing." If there is some glimmer...minute glimmer...that I might carry a M52 I'm not sure temptation can be beaten back.

Then again, I've repeatedly beaten back the siren song of a Coonan too...But that may not be the case soon...

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Then again, I've repeatedly beaten back the siren song of a Coonan too...But that may not be the case soon...
    I've shot a rental a few times. It's fuuuuuun.

It does kind of look like a uncircumcised hollow point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Colt MK IV S70 started life as a .38 Super, converted to .38 Special. Pinned grip safety, 2lb 12oz trigger. Grip fit to my father's hand.

Probably tough to carry AIWB.

Pic in no way does the bluing justice.

Name:  20170111_200413.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  66.3 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

This sems very familar. The original Hydrashok design, then called Scorpion, had a similar deep seated hollowpoint. I wonder if someone merely thought it would be a good idea if they brought back the design with a newer HST jacket and cavity profile.

I have to post again to express my irritation here.

Why won't Federal make a 147'ish grain HST in .38 Special? They make it in 9mm and the diameter is virtually the same...come on - seriously. Virtually every production Smith and Colt with fixed sights is regulated to 158-grain bullets, a 147-grain +P would get real close to POI/POA in a J-Frame.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I have to post again to express my irritation here.

Why won't Federal make a 147'ish grain HST in .38 Special? They make it in 9mm and the diameter is virtually the same...come on - seriously. Virtually every production Smith and Colt with fixed sights is regulated to 158-grain bullets, a 147-grain +P would get real close to POI/POA in a J-Frame.
    I thought it was discussed here that the steel and aluminum S&w's were calibrated at 158 gn but the scandium guns were more towards the lighter 110-135 gn p+ bullets.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Looks like the definition of "speedloader unfriendly", for a inconsecuential gain in burn efficiency...

Since I've never had any trouble getting accurate 38 spl loads for a snubby (at any power range desired) with normal powders and bullets, I fail to see the attraction.
    The case mouth can provide some protection for the tip of the bullet to prevent damage/deformation when packing a reload. I've wrecked my fair share of LSWCHP, Silvertips, and others. The is also a Section in Shooting to Live in which the authors note a tendency for revolver ammunition to be more prone to damage than in autopistols.

User Tag List