Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite stocks/grips

The best grips I've ever experienced on a revolver are as set that the late Jacques Trausch modified for me for my Ruger Security Six; they were originally for a round-butt Speed Six, and Jacques cut out the butt and heel portions to accept my square-butt frame; when I later whined about the left grip's issues with accepting speedloaders, he subsequently further modified a left grip for me. They, and the Security Six work superbly.

A fairly close second would be Ruger's Compact grips applied to my full-size 4" GP100; thankfully, these grips are now again available from Ruger at a fairly reasonable price as an aftermarket accessory.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 01-16-2017 at 01:25 PM.

I just got a set of Pachmayrs for the 642. Loved them on the 66 I picked up last year so I grabbed another set and replaced the PGS grips that were on there previously. I like the feel of them, and they fit my hands better, but they're not really fit well to the gun.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  32.4 KB

M&P 340 - Uncle Mike's Boot Grips
    640 PRO - VZ Smooth G10 Grips

Name:  IMG_1517.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  41.3 KB

4" Model 19 - Rogers Combat Grips

I basically do whatever DB tells me to do...hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

Details on the provenance of the J-frame holster?

RKBA holster, I believe. I asked them to make it out of the thinnest leather they had. I've been pretty happy with it

S&W:

My favorites are Spegels, Spegel designed Uncle Mikes and Miculek stocks.

Ruger:

GP100-Original Lett Grips compact size and the new Hogue 80010 finger-groove-less
    SP101-Pachmayr Compacs. Lasergrips are on the list to try
    SRH-Hogue 80010, Letts don't do it for me on the SRH frame for some reason
    RH-Hogue Bantams are the only things that work remotely well for my hands
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Favorite stocks/grips

I'm really liking the Crimson Trace 405 that I recently added. If they didn't have the laser I would probably keep looking around till I found the "perfect" fit but they're plenty comfortable,and conceal and draw from my pocket fine.
    I just took a shot from behind because when I was shopping around all the pictures I saw seemed to be from the side and I was under the impression that they were thicker than they are, they're pretty slim actually.

Hell bent on being intentionally anachronistic
    Last edited by Eastex; 02-10-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_4356.jpg
Views: 945
Size:  68.0 KBI picked up a NIB safariland/Rogers grips for a RB K frame. I put them on my S&W 66-2.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_4357.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  61.5 KB
    A few favorites. Two 66s and two model 10s. K frames are best shot with .38 specials for me.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 04-26-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    While patiently waiting for my name to move up Craig Spegel's list. I consoled myself by dry firing my smiths that currently wear Spegel grips. .... They are 3 inch S&W 66-3, 2.5 66-2, a 640 and a Browning hipower with king wood spegels.
    I favor the Uncle Mike's grips for the j-frame, which I understand is Spegel's design rendered in hard rubber. Alas, no longer made.

User Tag List