Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite stocks/grips

Site Supporter

Favorite stocks/grips

While patiently waiting for my name to move up Craig Spegel's list. I consoled myself by dry firing my smiths that currently wear Spegel grips. Name:  IMG_3507.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  103.4 KB. They are 3 inch S&W 66-3, 2.5 66-2, a 640 and a Browning hipower with king wood spegels.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 01-10-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Site Supporter
    Another favorite S&w 66-4 with ahrends retro banana grips
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_3510.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  103.7 KB
    My most frequently carried revolvers. Both have crimson trace grips. A 66-4 and a 642

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_3513.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  103.7 KBA model 17 and a model 18 with Rogers/safariland grips. I wish safariland would make them again. The model 17 has a trigger job by Les Baer back when he lived in Allentown

Crimson Trace - LG-105 for J-Frame, LG-306 for K/L-frame
    Fitz Ten-O-Grip Viper
    Fitz Gunfighter Grip

The Ten-O-Grips are awesome. Not too thick in the cross section, a nice taper that allows solid recoil control. Where as a lot of stocks are fat in the middle to the point of making the gun index weird the Ten-O-Grips aren't. It's a real shame they haven't been made since the late-60s. It's a double shame they were cast out of essentially Bakelite and are pretty fragile. Not a lot of them have survived. I've also noticed that Fitz Grips had mediocre fit for most guns. A combination, likely, of using worn out molds and just trying to build some slop-tolerance in for different gun frames.

I have a couple of sets for various revolvers and I keep threatening to laser-scan them and have some CNCed out of Micarta or G10 for durability and better fit. It's on my list of "shit to design when I have time." - Maybe with the New Colt Cobra coming out, I will get off my duff and do it. Besides...if I have to buy a New Cobra to fit my stocks to, I can write it off as a business expense...Hmm.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-10-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Old Rogers/Safariland are my go to working grips on the full size guns. Love Spegels boot grips on anything I can find them for with concealment guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

My main 642 has a Spegel Centennial grip. The other one has the Uncle Mikes Spegel copy. What's the current wait for Spegels?

I sent him a letter along with a check and had 2 pair in a couple of months. Ordered mid July of 2015. I think you get much better results with a letter vs. email. The check probably doesn't hurt either.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I have a rubber grip question, has anyone done any treatment to Pachmarys to reduce the tackiness? I had a set once that wasn't at all tacky/clingy feeling to clothes. Ive wondered if they had been Armor-all-ed or something?

I'm very happy with many of the factory Smith K and N target grips, but also have felt a LOT of them that felt like a 2x4. The ones from the 50s to early 70s were often very comfortable, with rounded edges, not the really chunky/blocky feel. After figuring out what the differences were, Ive filed and sanded many sets down to make them more comfortable. Putting one side old/nice on a gun, the other side chunky, I saw how they differed in outline, then hacked the squarish feeling down as well, and sometimes shortened them at the bottom. The smooth targets often were easy to work on so long as the medallions were down below flush.

Long time lurker, first time posting...

Love Hogue for shooting and gaming but Spegels rule for carry. I was a really good customer a long time ago and he did a few Colt Det Special grips.

Name:  CIMG1754.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  65.6 KB

User Tag List