Thread: Brass Goat

Brass Goat

Has anyone tried the Brass Goat? I think it has been in several of Demonstrated Concepts videos, but I haven't heard anything positive or negative about it. I think it has several uses other than not having brass goblins snatching up your brass at the range. I may pick one up to test.

Well I bought one. I will try it out and report back.

Site Supporter
    That wasn't what I envisioned when I clicked. Looks interesting and I'll read your report.

In for updates!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

They are trying so hard to be cute, it is not apparent what part of the gun the chute attaches to. The AR I would use it for is not the usual GI configuration or a common dresser.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    They are trying so hard to be cute, it is not apparent what part of the gun the chute attaches to. The AR I would use it for is not the usual GI configuration or a common dresser.
    This was reviewed on another forum and it snaps to a mil spec magwell. Everyone that bought one seemed to like it but I don't use one and haven't even seen this one. It works for those that have a one piece scope mount covering the top rail. I think I saw one report of a guy that had an empty case bounce back into the port. Just like every other version, problems can occur which is why I don't use them.

Though I have wasted time hunting brass for my calling partner that loves odd ball calibers. I'd buy him one if we still hunted together.

It wouldn't work for me because my Good AR that throws match prepped brass in the weeds is always shot as a "self ejecting single shot" with a single loading sled over the magazine follower. So I have to get in the port every shot.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    That wasn't what I envisioned when I clicked. Looks interesting and I'll read your report.
    I'm interested as well. I need a better way to retain 6.5 Grendel and 300 BLK cases during practice. The strap-on brass bag doesn't work that well.

But... like @Welder, I expected something similar to the infamous brass rat.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ass-collecting
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post545442
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've got one. It works fine. I did have to grind a couple spots to provide clearance for the thumbscrews on my old Armalite mount. That took about thirty seconds with a Dremel and does not unsuit the unit for use on other AR/Scope mount combos.

Good kit. Well worth the price.

I tired it out (just for proof of concept, not pressure tested) and it works fine so far. I really think the value in this is more for low volume shooting and not having to chase brass down.

User Tag List