Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB and the 1911

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    StraitR,

what color s the frame of that gun. It looks awesome! As does the whole rig.
    Thanks SLG. It's Wilson's standard FDE.

StraitR

Do your knuckles hit the belt on the draw when using the SME?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    StraitR

Not StraitR but 5Shot does sell a loop that raises things slightly and alleviates this for most. I don't have one yet but I've used one and for a G17 it was the perfect increase.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    StraitR

No, but I have smallish (Mechanix Medium) sized hands, so it's about perfect for me. I think if my hands were bigger, it could be an issue.

Looks like Orionz has the solution for larger hands though.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    No, but I have smallish (Mechanix Medium) sized hands, so it's about perfect for me. I think if my hands were bigger, it could be an issue.

Looks like Orionz has the solution for larger hands though.
    Your hands are probably too small for a 1911. Send me your WC, and I'll get a G43 in the mail to you right away:-)

Your hands are probably too small for a 1911. Send me your WC, and I'll get a G43 in the mail to you right away:-)
    Such a deal...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

G43, hmm, I sold one of those to fund the Wilson. See, I knew I made a mistake. You're the best, SLG!

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    G43, hmm, I sold one of those to fund the Wilson. See, I knew I made a mistake. You're the best, SLG!
    Just lookin out for me, uh I mean you. :-)

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 12.30.30 PM.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  27.2 KB

Thanks in part to the current various 320 and 1911 threads, I’m resurrecting this guy.

As I was sitting there with a series 70 1911 in AIWB talking with a coworker about how we no longer are authorized to carry 320s, or really want to due to the alleged potential of it going off, I started thinking. What’s keeping this gun from going off?

In my understanding, the sear is engaged with the hammer hooks, with the sear partially held in place thanks to the thumb safety being on. IF somehow the sear slipped, hopefully the half-cock notch would catch and prevent a boom.

Is that correct? Is that enough safety measure? What’s the failure point, the sear face, or the sear pin? The internals are all factory Springfield Mim. Now I’m considering a rebuild with tool steel for peace of mind.

In addition to the nuisance of the technique discussed in this thread, is AIWB of a series 70 safe in the groups opinion?

User Tag List