Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sorry what is "the Gadget?"
    See my signature.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Rich, I believe in the other M&P V2 thread it is clear that those "windows" show the serial number.
    Except the pics and videos on S&Ws site don't show that, so... Never mind.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    See my signature.
    Ah thanks LL.

and from the photos it sure looks to me like an alternative spring for keeping the slide release from disengaging when a magazine is seated, which is a common feature or a bug with M&Ps.
    While a cool "feature" it only seemed to work about 50% of the time thus making the "auto slide" unreliable. I would have loved to havebeen able to slap a mag everytime and have it roll forward, but it didn't always and thus always delayed me slightly as my brain had to stop and work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think the feature folks are asking about is this thingy:
    Attachment 13041
    and from the photos it sure looks to me like an alternative spring for keeping the slide release from disengaging when a magazine is seated, which is a common feature or a bug with M&Ps.
    Yes! That thing! So glad I'm not the only one who sees that. What the heck is that?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Split off the 1911 and AIWB posts into their own thread.
    #RESIST

Good stuff. Glad to see more data on the gun supporting the notion that it's fixed. Hopefully I'll have one soon.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

SLG my take from your review and time on the rack, is simply that this gun works pretty dang well. I understand your saying it not is necessarily the gun is that much better then you are with your glocks. That it could just be that day you were on. Sounds like you are a hell of a shot on any day from what I have read. I am thinking that if you had an old version and took it out that day it probably would not have went as well. Imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    First person I have heard knock the trigger like that. Were they all 4.25 or 5"? Mixture of both? Have you tried pc triggers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mixture of both but I spent more time dry firing the 4.25 black guns they had.

I think alot of people want to believe what they want to believe, ie the 2.0 is a real, significant improvement. I think that 99% of the people that get these guns (on this board) are still going to end up with Apex parts in them.

I think the 2.0 offers HUGE improvements frame wise and in other small area's like the slide lock detent but the trigger is still a huge, steaming pile of crap to me. I carry and shoot a stock gen 3 22 for work and i would take that trigger all day every day over this. Yes its heavy but at least there's a defined wall and almost no over travel. The pre travel is also far smoother than the 2.0 M&P.

Now, having said that, with a simple Apex USB install the trigger would be improved vastly so for those of us that mod our guns, awesome, its a simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Not that it's really super on-topic but I am pretty darn impressed at the trigger on my new, bone-stock, probably recent production (no idea how to tell) SD9 VE. Beats the pants off my 2010 M&P40. Certainly very shootable. For a $299 gun I got as a lark/beater gun, and a Smith & Wesson semiauto no less, I was genuinely shocked.
    Yup. I stumbled across a NIB SD9VE for $275, but the thing is rather nice (they did a GREAT stock/grip improvement),
    shoots every bit as well as a standard Glock, makes a great car piece that if you lose it/get it stolen/whatever... so what? Basically, I feel the exact same thing of the supposedly "better" M&P 40. After long plus 20+ years of lots of dealing with plastic service pieces in training/service/shootings/civilian... well, I simply do not get excited about these pistols. Yes, the HKs are well above the rest... but STILL nothing to get excited over, when you get right down to it... Except the magazines. HK metal pistol mags are the king of the many, many years I've used with pistols. But for plastic carry guns... Pick one you like of those "major" ones, make sure it is reliable, and just use it.

Bottom line for me... HK or a GOOD Glock is my preferred. An M&P who be my fourth choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I stumbled across a NIB SD9VE for $275, but the thing is rather nice
    I want one of these just because they are good and solid and $300. I have no other possible rational, just I wanna!
    Last edited by mmc45414; 01-09-2017 at 12:26 PM.

User Tag List