Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

I've been a co-student in a class with SLG, he's a shooting machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I've been a co-student in a class with SLG, he's a shooting machine.
    Thanks Dave, checks in the mail!

And thanks to you other guys who understand that this thread was not put up for me to boast about a random plate run, but rather to try and provide A data point on the 2.0. I once shot a log, floating in a lake, at around 600 yards with a friend's 10/22. Should I continue with my "I did it once stories?" Sorry, there was no timer present that day. Another time I...anyway, enough of that nonsense, sorry.

Tom, I hate to say it, but though the "auto" loading gun would be cool, Jeff Cooper was the first person I'm aware of to put the idea to paper. It's in To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth, iirc. I believe Todd and I had discussed Cooper mentioning that at one point, but I don't remember for sure. He probably figured you were the only one able to make it real:-)
    Last edited by SLG; 01-09-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Here is what I don't understand. People passionate about this sport, and in improving their skills, are constantly benchmarking their performance, looking for improvement. A pursuit driven by data as opposed to what they "already know."

You mention that you went out in the snow and shot a brand new gun briefly, and during that little bit of shooting managed a PR on a Bill drill and a plate rack run. For most of us, that would be a wonderful thing (the PR not the different gun part), and we would be dissecting that performance, trying to figure out why and how to replicate it tomorrow. Now you deflect ithe performance as if they were just luck or not worthy, because it was a speed and not accuracy drill. Is that because the result does not conform to your one platform/one serial number philosophy, or something completely different?

I learn things shooting all the time, many of which I had no idea of until they just happened.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

2.0 range day

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    My understanding is that the 2.0 was specifically re engineered to prevent auto forwarding.

It's a Glock killa, for sure.
    SLG -

Thanks for posting your review. I'm not in the market, but I have a fondness for S&W M&P FS9, as it was my first pistol.

Couple questions please?

Specifically on auto-forwarding, I've seen speculation online that the left side slide stop mechanism was redesigned in the 2.0. Certainly the lever is larger in the 2.0. Could you comment on whether this is true?

There are two oblong ish voids in the polymer at the slide front bottom. Are these functional in any way or just cosmetic? Or do they reveal some kind of ID or bar code/NSN-like number on the frame?

On the striker block profile, generally the Apex USB profile was perceived to address the gritty take up of the 1.0 trigger. Obviously as the stock gun was shot, the striker block would wear in more and the grit would smooth out. Would it be possible to compare the 2.0 striker block profile vs. a 1.0, to see if S&W is using the 1.0 part or perhaps has upgraded the 2.0?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 01-09-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Just curious as The Gadget was brought up earlier in this thread -- since this pistol is available with a thumb safety would that option make The Gadget less necessary for AIWB carry? I will soon be carrying my 1911 using that method and I'm glad for the redundant safeties.

And my post is not meant to question the value of The Gadget in general, just specific to a thumb safety equipped gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Just curious as The Gadget was brought up earlier in this thread -- since this pistol is available with a thumb safety would that option make The Gadget less necessary for AIWB carry? I will soon be carrying my 1911 using that method and I'm glad for the redundant safeties.

And my post is not meant to question the value of The Gadget in general, just specific to a thumb safety equipped gun.
    I think it would make it less necessary, but still, being able to positively control the striker/hammer is something I and many others desire for AIWB carry. I and several other SMEs/Staff had a great conversation with ToddG about how he sees the 1911 as near perfect for AIWB given the thumb safety, the grip safety, and the hammer you (should) ride with your thumb as you reholster.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think it would make it less necessary, but still, being able to positively control the striker/hammer is something I and many others desire for AIWB carry. I and several other SMEs/Staff had a great conversation with ToddG about how he sees the 1911 as near perfect for AIWB given the thumb safety, the grip safety, and the hammer you (should) ride with your thumb as you reholster.
    Interesting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    There is probably nothing I can add that you don't already know...
    Apologies if I just missed it somewhere, but I still want to know what the button / thingie in front of the slide release is.

Also, since we're talking about autoforwarding again, I figured it was worth re-posting this.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

Take down lever.

Rich, I believe in the other M&P V2 thread it is clear that those "windows" show the serial number.
    Last edited by Drang; 01-09-2017 at 09:00 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Take down lever.
    The button(?) between the take down lever and the slide release is what I'm asking about,
    Last edited by archangel; 01-09-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

User Tag List