Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Luke--Your comment about SME's is not accurate, as I have an "SME" title and have frequently posted my times and scores on various tests, typically in the Drill of the Week threads, like here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ve-Twenty-Five, here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....int-Aggregate), here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-Pistol-Test-1, etc...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Does the 2.0 "Auto-forward" as easily while inserting a new mag as the original did? That was part of the reason I completely dumped the M&P a few years ago after owning several of them. On the (4) M&P9's I owned, when shooting hollow point duty ammo the top round would nosedive and either get stuck underneath the feed ramp and lock the gun up, or the slide would go forward without chambering the top round. I never wanted to "Auto-forward" the slide during reloads, but it would happen too often even when trying to finesse the mags in so it wouldn't "Auto-forward".

I've found weak recoil springs can cause issues like you describe (missing the round and nose dive on aitoforward).
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I've found weak recoil springs can cause issues like you describe (missing the round and nose dive on aitoforward).
    It happened with my last two M&P9's straight out of the box.

ETA: And every single M&P9 I've ever handled/shot.

It would never happen with FMJ ammo, but almost always with several different HP duty rounds.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 01-08-2017 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Does the 2.0 "Auto-forward" as easily while inserting a new mag as the original did? That was part of the reason I completely dumped the M&P a few years ago after owning several of them. On the (4) M&P9's I owned, when shooting hollow point duty ammo the top round would nosedive and either get stuck underneath the feed ramp and lock the gun up, or the slide would go forward without chambering the top round. I never wanted to "Auto-forward" the slide during reloads, but it would happen too often even when trying to finesse the mags in so it wouldn't "Auto-forward".
    My understanding is that the 2.0 was specifically re engineered to prevent auto forwarding.

It's a Glock killa, for sure.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-08-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    My understanding is that the 2.0 was specifically re engineered to prevent auto forwarding.

That would be a huuuuge improvement. Try it out and keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    You guys must have pretty low standards.

My local gun shop got in a box of M&P 2.0's and i tried four different guns. The triggers were consistent in their shitty quality. Its still a gritty, bumpy, stagey garbagefest.

They reduced the pull weight marginally but the system still has over travel and the take up feels way too mechanical. You can still feel the ridiculously shaped striker block. I still dont understand why the guns have as much over travel as they do. The new frame mounted over travel stop doesn't seem to do much of anything.

In my mind, it feels like they took the performance center sear and threw it into these guns. Big deal...
    First person I have heard knock the trigger like that. Were they all 4.25 or 5"? Mixture of both? Have you tried pc triggers yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It has nothing to do with the M&P backplate design, but rather the fact that the M&P uses a fully tensioned striker. And that doesn't mean that it's not possible, it just means that a different method and mechanism must be used to achieve similar functionality on the M&P (at least the original M&P, I've not examined a 2.0 but I assume it pretty much the same) as compared to a Glock. I know how I'd do it on the M&P, unfortunately, it's not a drop-in part and would require modification of the M&P slide -- which almost certainly means it's not going to happen as an aftermarket item.
    He spoke!!! and I was correct, I'm now a S.M.A. (subject matter amateur) on gadgets and striker fired guns.

SLG thanks again for the info, as I said before it is nice to see information from a trusted reliable source. I will be sticking to my killed on the streets Glocks, but I'm genuinely happy for the industry and consumers that Smith has hopefully made the needed improvements to the M&P line.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

Ok, I'm done shit posting in the thread, promise. Back to useful information.

SLG - Thank you for taking the time document and share your thoughts on the 2.0 samples you have had access to. Much appreciated.

Regarding the SCD and the M&P line ... the M&Ps have thumb safeties, the SCD isn't needed ...

Personally, I'm looking forward to being able to get my hands on at least one of these. As much as the Glock has grown on me, their frame isn't as easy to handle as the M&Ps are for me.

User Tag List