Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 2.0 range day

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    I got hands on the LGS, trigger was fine, stippling, weight and balance were impressive. Wouldn't mind adding one to the stable.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    +1 after visiting a local gun store today. The 2.0 specific changes appear to be beneficial from what I could gather. Trigger was better, texture was nice and grippy and the reduction of the beaver tail didn't detract from the way the gun sat in my hand (i.e. I likely wouldn't get bit by the slide). The added L/XL backstrap is perfect for my hands.

Time will tell as to whether or not the gun is good to go. If it proves out I may buy one.

I got drug to gun shop by a friend today and they had a 2.0. I have to admit, if they fixed the barrel/accuracy issue, they have a winner on their hands.

I put a couple hundred rounds through a VP9 the other day and I couldn't see myself being happy with it. To big, chunky, and flippy. The 2.0 seems much more size efficient.

I keep forgetting to update this post for folks considering the 2.0. The #2 gun from post #249 that would't group well at all is back from S&W. The repair slip says they replaced the barrel then the gun "passed range testing". I took it to the range and it is indeed much better. It reliably turned in groups like the one below with 124gr +p Gold dot and budget 124gr JHP Monarch. 115gr ball was a little worse, but not much. I didn't try any 147gr ammo, but my experience with three other 2.0's makes me fairly confident that it will group heavier ammo a little worse and a little higher.

Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I picked up another 2.0 from a guy locally who decided he wanted a 5" model instead. I wanted to see how this one shot. It's a solid shooter out of the box.

Not too shabby!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    I keep forgetting to update this post for folks considering the 2.0. The #2 gun from post #249 that would't group well at all is back from S&W. The repair slip says they replaced the barrel then the gun "passed range testing". I took it to the range and it is indeed much better. It reliably turned in groups like the one below with 124gr +p Gold dot and budget 124gr JHP Monarch. 115gr ball was a little worse, but not much. I didn't try any 147gr ammo, but my experience with three other 2.0's makes me fairly confident that it will group heavier ammo a little worse and a little higher.

Just because I'm a glutton for punishment, I picked up another 2.0 from a guy locally who decided he wanted a 5" model instead. I wanted to see how this one shot. It's a solid shooter out of the box.

Very encouraging, those are perfectly acceptable service pistol groups at 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Name:  IMG_1949.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  47.0 KB

I shot 93 points in 10 shots slow fire from the 25 with my 2.0. Sorry about the image being sideways. Im not sure how that happened. I felt pretty encouraged given that this was with sights have not been zeroed. I am usually in the high 80s to low 90s with a Glock. Subjectively, it felt like it took a lot less effort to score this high with the M&P.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

M&P 2.0 / 45

Soft shooting and good accuracy at 25 yards.

10 Rounds at 5 ..7... 10....15 & 20 Yards
    Name:  k.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  20.2 KB

13 Rounds at 25 Yards
    Name:  M&P45 (2).jpg
Views: 658
Size:  43.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    M&P 2.0 / 45

Soft shooting and good accuracy at 25 yards.

10 Rounds at 5 ..7... 10....15 & 20 Yards
    Name:  k.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  20.2 KB

13 Rounds at 25 Yards
    Name:  M&P45 (2).jpg
Views: 658
Size:  43.6 KB
    I didn't know they made a .45 version of the 2.0. Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a 2.0 45 mid yet?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is there a 2.0 45 mid yet?
    Not yet ...

They only have two versions so far.... Smith & Wesson M&P45 M2.0 with Thumb Safety
    Name:  MP45-M20-Thumb-Safety_1.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  54.9 KB

Smith & Wesson M&P45 M2.0 with out Thumb Safety
    Name:  38374-DEFAULT-l.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  54.5 KB
    Barrel Length: 4.6" / 11.7 cm
    Overall Length: 7.9"
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 05-31-2017 at 12:48 PM.

User Tag List