Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I doubt he'd comment publicly on what the Army found wanting in the M&P, but I'm curious to know how the 2.0 materially differs from the XM17 entry.
    Has the improved slide stop?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I doubt he'd comment publicly on what the Army found wanting in the M&P, but I'm curious to know how the 2.0 materially differs from the XM17 entry.
    This is a shame. For me there is something fundimentally wrong with the fact the US military uses any foreign made weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstate View Post
    This is a shame. For me there is something fundimentally wrong with the fact the US military uses any foreign made weapons.
    I agree but I'd also not wanna see the US military using an inferior weapon either. The real answer is US based companies not fucking up a good gun.

"If anyone can fuck up a good gun surely it's S&W"
    -Famous instructor guy with mustache
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I agree but I'd also not wanna see the US military using an inferior weapon either. The real answer is US based companies not fucking up a good gun.

This. FN and HK among others are putting out world-class small arms and Sweden is putting out some of the most advanced missile systems on the battlefield and has been for a long time. I want the U.S. military using the absolute best weapons regardless of where they come from. Same reason I didn't buy a domestic vehicle, because I can't rely on the powertrain to survive to 100K the way I can with a Japanese make. U.S. industry should earn business, not receive it out of hand in the form of baubles and bailouts.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 01-12-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

I understand the reasons....I just thinks it reflects poorly. I also hated that CHIPs didn't drive Harleys

Another 2.0 data point. Good news, bad news.

The bad first. Before shooting the gun I went to pull the slide off and put some lube on the gun. The sear deactivation lever fell out of the gun. I'm not the first to have this problem, as referenced earlier on this thread:http://bearsarms.weebly.com/

Here's mine:

Now the good news. It shot great. I ran Speer Lawman 115, 124, and 147 grain through it and they all grouped decently well. Here are a couple 5-shot groups fired from 25 yards off a rest:

Also tried some some 124gr +P Gold Dot and 147gr HST. Both grouped respectably well:

Sample of one and all that. I want the M&P to be fixed so bad, but the sear deactivation lever makes me think Smith is still determined to screw up this gun with sloppy manufacturing and QC practices.

Vending Machine Operator
    Ah, S&W, like a college friend on their 8th marriage.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Question for those with a 2.0:

Does the new finish have a dull parkerized look? Almost like an AR barrel?

The reason I ask is that my recent production 1.0 has a finish like this. It is noticeably different than my older pistols

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Ah, S&W, like a college friend on their 8th marriage.
    And I go to every damn wedding with gifts and hope it turns out different this time. Might need to seek treatment for codependency...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstate View Post
    Question for those with a 2.0:

Does the new finish have a dull parkerized look? Almost like an AR barrel?

The reason I ask is that my recent production 1.0 has a finish like this. It is noticeably different than my older pistols
    I haven't seen the black in-person, but the FDE I picked up today has a smooth finish.

User Tag List