Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

I've just noticed that many of the Glock challengers that have released in recent years feature a fully cocked striker (P320, VP9, M&P, PPQ, etc). I imagine that we don't see many partially cocked designs due to Glock patents (we probably wouldn't even have the M&P without the Glock patents, considering the Sigma episode). But if you're going to utilize a fully cocked striker (essentially a SAO design, right?), I figure you might as well get a noteworthy out-of-the-box trigger in the deal.

I'll admit that I am not entirely at ease with some of these fully cocked designs, but I'm also satisfied with OEM Glock triggers.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've just noticed that many of the Glock challengers that have released in recent years feature a fully cocked striker (P320, VP9, M&P, PPQ, etc). I imagine that we don't see many partially cocked designs due to Glock patents (we probably wouldn't even have the M&P without the Glock patents, considering the Sigma episode). But if you're going to utilize a fully cocked striker (essentially a SAO design, right?), I figure you might as well get a noteworthy out-of-the-box trigger in the deal.

I'll admit that I am not entirely at ease with some of these fully cocked designs, but I'm also satisfied with OEM Glock triggers.
    Wait until you try the new CZ P-10 Trigger. It is very impressive, and it is a partially tensioned design, like the Glock. The last bit of tension is added to the striker before the break, and CZ figured out how to make an outstanding trigger with that design. I have played with the M&P 2.0 also, but I haven't shot them. I was not impressed one bit, it felt like the recent production M&P 1.0 or whatever they call them now. I think S&W has been neutered by all their lawyers and their liability talk. It doesn't take a engineering graduate to figure out how to make a clean crisp trigger with a fully tensioned striker system, and S&W has a huge R&D budget. IMO

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-10-2017 at 09:53 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

4.7 pounds consistently, and that is with only about 350 rounds through it. .. It is supposed to settle to about 4.5 at around 500 rounds. What else you need, I will be leaving at 4 am tomorrow to go out of town for work so if I can get it now, I can get of for you when I get back.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 01-10-2017 at 09:59 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Interesting... I thought hat might be the case from looking at pictures of a field stripped P-10 on the internet. Wanna take some measurements for me?
    Tom,

Just FYI "Gadget" in Czech is přístroj.

And "Soon" is již brzy.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I was more interested in some internal measurements of the length variety.
    Sure tell me what you would like and I will get them for you.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Anybody with a waterfall that doesn't have water in it can't claim much of nuttin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    More noise but I have to respond cuz I'm ain't no scrub.

I have to admit I am very anxious to see if these M&P's work out. If they are a 3 inch or better gun at 25 yards I'm in. SLG, based on your two examples (I understand it's only 2) do you think they're at the 3 inch mark?

Not sure what this thread is about any more but a small comment on Smith & Wesson MP.

In 2011 I bought a full sized M&P 9 mm model. That gun took a cake of a worst QC control gun I've had. It shot an 8 inch group and threw brass into my face. However, what really got me was that a takedown lever pin was never installed and that small part just fell out of a gun before I ever fired a shot. How it passed QD, still don't know. I actually asked but never got an answer. I had a barrel replaced, they installed the pin and I later sold it with a disclosure and at a 30% loss to my good friend SecondsCount after he test fired it. Don't know if he still has it.

So I was perusing different sites and found that things are well and unchanged in S&W QC land. http://bearsarms.weebly.com/

Anyone wants a great, now discontinued leather AIWB rig by Josh Kolbeson for a full sized MP, lemme know. Pretty sure I am not getting a 2.0.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-11-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think it would make it less necessary, but still, being able to positively control the striker/hammer is something I and many others desire for AIWB carry. I and several other SMEs/Staff had a great conversation with ToddG about how he sees the 1911 as near perfect for AIWB given the thumb safety, the grip safety, and the hammer you (should) ride with your thumb as you reholster.
    I am not SME or staff, but I had that exact conversation with ToddG when I took AFHF with him, since I had a 1911 in duty gear, and he was starting to talk me into Appendix, leading by example. I have been trained since 1992 to put my thumb on the back of the hammer of my Smith Model 10 while reholstering, followed by my Model 19. Glocks didn't give me that warm fuzzy, but when my first agency required me to buy a Sig in 1998 I regained the habit. I went to a 1911 in '04, and found that while holstering I could physically block the hammer path to the firing pin with my thumb BUT I did not want to put any rearward pressure the hammer and risk the hammer hooks being pulled off the sear while I did it.

To answer the other question (GJM?) I have had my mode of carry "wipe" my 1911 safety off from time to time and it only happens with my cheapest holsters. I have carried a 1911 IWB and in uniform and in a fanny pack for the last 13 years. In 2013 after meeting ToddG (and embarrassing myself as the second worst shooter there) I bought a SME holster from Five Shot, at SLG's personal recommendation. I have never had a problem wth the safety being wiped off in a quality holster, either duty or concealment, so I do not hold the safety up as I hoster the 1911, I place my thumb on the flat face of the hammer without lifting the hammer hooks out of the sear. I don't think of holding the hammer back, just blocking its path to the firing pin. After a couple of years I noticed I was blocking the hammer without moving it, even while holstering qucikly, for real, on duty as I have taken people into custody. Now I am carrying an M&P for the year while I teach M&P transition courses for the department. Sometime next year I will be T&Eing on duty an RMR on a Glock, and already have my Gadget installed on both the primary pistol and the backup piece.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Anyone wants a great, now discontinued leather AIWB rig by Josh Kolbeson for a full sized MP, lemme know. Pretty sure I am not getting a 2.0.
    Let's trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List