Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes, no such thing as "reliable" autoforward.

It was specifically listed as a malfunction in most LE/MIL pistol test specs including the recent FBI and DHS/ ICE RFI's.
    Hence SLG's comment about M&P 2.0 being engineered not to autofirward.

My Plastic M&P is very good on autoclose, triggering nearly every time, one misfeed ever.
    A friend's is not so reliable with the occasional misfeed but he still considers it a match advantage.

I assume there is a Glock tuning trick. So many of them autoclose so well that when one fails to do so, the competitor routinely bumps the magazine again instead of going to the lever or the slide. Nearly always releases the slide, too.

I have read that the CZ P10 is designed to autoclose.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

The slide stop of the original M&P was one of the weak points. I took a pistol class with my wife last year and both sides of the slide stop blew off on my M&P 40c, and one side blew off on the 40 pro 5" she was using. The pistols were autoforwarding.. Round count on both pistols was probably in the 2-3k range when it happened. The compact is a 2011 model and the 5" pro was acquired in 2012 iirc.

We sent the pistols back to S&W so that they could replace the slide stops with the latest iteration of that part (the ones available from brownells were still the first iteration iirc). I've put about another 3-4k rounds through the 40 compact since replacement and it has held up. Neither pistol autoforwards with the new slidestops, at least not when I reload them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I have read that the CZ P10 is designed to autoclose.
    And I'm perfectly OK with that if it ALWAYS autocloses. If it's designed to auto close but only does it 85% of the time, it's NOT a "design feature" I want, anymore than the 17M's auto-disassemble-on-draw feature...

Site Supporter
    Gotcha...My G34 has been autoforwarding regularly when inserting a 10 round loaded mag...Probably ought to replace the slide stop then.

Anyways...Back on topic...I like the looks of the 2.0 and if the accuracy issues are fixed I might could be dumb enough to go down the "new gun" rabbit hole for a thumb safety version with a ton of Apex trigger goodies for a gamerfag gun.

Maybe. Then again, I want to get a 6.5 grendel before that happens...And play more 3 gun. Neither of those will lend themselves to "new gun" money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Five year old video of the last M&P9 I bought. Straight out of the box.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 01-09-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks for the review SLG. It's nice that consumers get some benefit from .mil competitions. Always loved the ergos of the M&P so I'm looking forward to seeing the 2.0 in person.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think it would make it less necessary, but still, being able to positively control the striker/hammer is something I and many others desire for AIWB carry. I and several other SMEs/Staff had a great conversation with ToddG about how he sees the 1911 as near perfect for AIWB given the thumb safety, the grip safety, and the hammer you (should) ride with your thumb as you reholster.
    I use the M&P FS & Shield with thumb safety and would like it even more if the safety physically blocked the sear from dropping rather than just blocking the trigger from rearward movement.

From the looks of things I don't think it would take much of an engineering effort or re-work but I'm kind of a belt and suspenders safety kind of guy in a world where too many people argue that a thumb safety will get you "kilt in da streets".

ETA - Thanks again for the quickie review SLG. Overall the 2.0 looks promising.
    Last edited by Lomshek; 01-10-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I am desperately hopeful. Always liked the ergonomics. Shot the M&P better than either Glocks or my SIG. Experienced the accuracy bug myself, sighed deeply and moved on. Interested in this as a retirement gun. I like carrying a full-size gun, but this would be lighter and trimmer than my SIG. Five years to go and the crap on my belt just seems to get heavier every day.

Yes, no such thing as "reliable" autoforward.

It was specifically listed as a malfunction in most LE/MIL pistol test specs including the recent FBI and DHS/ ICE RFI's.
    Huh. Learn something new every day.

My Walther P99 autoforwards very reliably. So far, my PX4 seems to do so also. I've always thought about it as a definite plus. (I'm limited to FMJ by a silly local law, so that of course limits the relevance of my experience.)

User Tag List