Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

Let's just bear in mind that this is a sample of one, and all that. I have high hopes for the 2.0, but even if the other one I have available shoots well, it is too small a sample to say anything meaningful.

I have way more time on a G17 than a 2.0, so I don't think it is much of an honest comparison. Overall, I would say it is a better version of a G34 (closer in slide length). Better in that it cycles more crisply, where I always find the 34/35 to be a little sluggish for me. So far, I prefer the slide release of the G17. I think I would like to try an extended slide release on the 2.0, much like the Glock competition release.

I'm very unlikely to shoot either 2.0 much more than I did today, so I will probably not become more familiar or comfortable with them as a whole.

The Performance center version, with the RMR, turned in the fastest 10 yard plate rack time I've ever shot. Also the fastest bill drill. Pretty nice setup.

Very cool, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Just thinking out loud but I don't believe the Gadget for an M&P would work due to the fact that it's a fully cocked/tensioned striker at rest unlike the Glock. I'm not an engineer and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express so I could be dead wrong, I'm sure someone more qualified like the man him self Tom Jones will chime in.
    Don't want to speak for Tom but in the past he has mentioned that the gadget could work in the m&p but it may have to have the gun undergo some permanent minor alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Let's just bear in mind that this is a sample of one, and all that. I have high hopes for the 2.0, but even if the other one I have available shoots well, it is too small a sample to say anything meaningful.

I have way more time on a G17 than a 2.0, so I don't think it is much of an honest comparison. Overall, I would say it is a better version of a G34 (closer in slide length). Better in that it cycles more crisply, where I always find the 34/35 to be a little sluggish for me. So far, I prefer the slide release of the G17. I think I would like to try an extended slide release on the 2.0, much like the Glock competition release.

I'm very unlikely to shoot either 2.0 much more than I did today, so I will probably not become more familiar or comfortable with them as a whole.

The Performance center version, with the RMR, turned in the fastest 10 yard plate rack time I've ever shot. Also the fastest bill drill. Pretty nice setup.
    Considering your years on the Glock, if on a cold, windy, snowy day, I shot my PR plate rack and Bill with a brand new to you pistol, I would certainly take note?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Considering your years on the Glock, if on a cold, windy, snowy day, I shot my PR plate rack and Bill with a brand new to you pistol, I would certainly take note?
    Yes and no. I don't hang my hat on any one performance. Plus, it was with the RMR Performance Center version. Really nice trigger and the dot. I may never replicate those runs, even in nice weather, for all I know.

This also gets back to shooting any gun well. A plate rack and a bill drill are pretty easy targets/drills. I should do "about" the same with any decent gun. One really good run is not really indicative of anything, and since I have never chased performance by switching guns, it means even less to me.

Interesting how S&W seems to have expanded its range of ported M&P pistols through the Performance Center, to include the optics ready CORE models, while Glock has discontinued all of their ported models.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Interesting how S&W seems to have expanded its range of ported M&P pistols through the Performance Center, to include the optics ready CORE models, while Glock has discontinued all of their ported models.
    Interesting is one word you could use, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Good to see S&W updating a pretty solid platform. I got to handle a 4.25" 9mm 2.0 today and was happy with the texturing and trigger.

...by the way... Glock ported models are not dead...I've seen Gen4 17C's. Several on GB right now.

You guys must have pretty low standards.

My local gun shop got in a box of M&P 2.0's and i tried four different guns. The triggers were consistent in their shitty quality. Its still a gritty, bumpy, stagey garbagefest.

They reduced the pull weight marginally but the system still has over travel and the take up feels way too mechanical. You can still feel the ridiculously shaped striker block. I still dont understand why the guns have as much over travel as they do. The new frame mounted over travel stop doesn't seem to do much of anything.

In my mind, it feels like they took the performance center sear and threw it into these guns. Big deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    You guys must have pretty low standards.

Big deal...
    I'm sure you're correct, as trigger pull is not something i care overly much about. Really good shooters can shoot anything, and what starts as a mediocre trigger usually turns into a pretty good one in a few thousand rounds. I'd love to see your shooting standards, as they must be pretty high, and as GJM pointed out in another thread, the majority of standards out there are not set very high. I'm always looking for better, so please, let us enjoy them too.

User Tag List