Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0 range day

2.0 range day

I've had access to a 2.0 for quite some time now, but obviously could not say anything about it. I like it quite a bit, and I'd be perfectly happy carrying one if it was issued to me. There is probably nothing I can add that you don't already know, so I'll just throw some pics in.

First pic is of the three SIMP's I took out today. I do love the M2:-)

Second pic is the steel I hit 10 for 10 at 30 yards with the 2.0

Third pic is the average group I shot today with the 2.0. It is right about 3.5" Temps are a windy 20 degrees, so I will absolutely assume the gun can do better. Also, this was with federal 147g American Eagle, which was the only round I shot through it. No idea what else will do what in it. My final excuse is that I did tend to anticipate on the trigger. Clearly that is my fault, and I attribute it to loss of feeling in my fingers, plus unfamiliarity with the gun. I suspect that after a few hundred dry fires, I would not have that issue.

Name:  20170108_135111.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  48.8 KBName:  20170108_132445.jpg
Views: 1818
Size:  32.9 KBName:  20170108_133140.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  21.2 KB

Nice. I dig mine, too. I was invested in the M&P before, so now this just makes me happier. I like the more aggressive stippling that will no longer necessitate modification. I also like the fire control group function. Very Apex-like in my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Nice. I dig mine, too. I was invested in the M&P before, so now this just makes me happier. I like the more aggressive stippling that will no longer necessitate modification. I also like the fire control group function. Very Apex-like in my hands.

Thanks for the update. Good to see it is turning out to be a solid pistol!

Thanks for the report. Any difference in trigger pull compared to the first gen?

I love the M&P lineup. Now we just need tom to get on board and make a gadget.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Thanks for the report. Any difference in trigger pull compared to the first gen?
    Pretty different trigger, and afaik, totally redesigned. Much firmer (less mushy), better reset (as if that really matters). Lighter also, I believe.
    The other M&P in the pic is a performance center gun, and it has a very nice trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Pretty different trigger, and afaik, totally redesigned. Much firmer (less mushy), better reset (as if that really matters). Lighter also, I believe.
    The other M&P in the pic is a performance center gun, and it has a very nice trigger.
    Worth the $429.99 price tag for LEOs?

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    Worth the $429.99 price tag for LEOs?
    Do you like M&P's? If so, I would say yes.

The one above is the 5" version. I have the shorter version floating around here somewhere, but can't remember where. I would probably take that one, but I need to go shoot it some more.

Also, the safety is almost as good as a 1911. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I love the M&P lineup. Now we just need tom to get on board and make a gadget.
    Just thinking out loud but I don't believe the Gadget for an M&P would work due to the fact that it's a fully cocked/tensioned striker at rest unlike the Glock. I'm not an engineer and I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express so I could be dead wrong, I'm sure someone more qualified like the man him self Tom Jones will chime in.

SLG thanks for posting this, it good to see actual accuracy testing from a reliable source!! Good job on Smith and Wesson for finally making the needed changes.

SLG, thoughts on the M&P vs the G4 17 in shootability?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List