Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

If CDNN starts blowing out H9s, I may well buy two or four of them. I figure that’ll be enough to keep one running for a while.

Only a matter of time before a cottage industry pops up to fix the broken guns and maybe even add a few bits (i.e., thumb safety).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If CDNN starts blowing out H9s, I may well buy two or four of them. I figure that’ll be enough to keep one running for a while.

Only a matter of time before a cottage industry pops up to fix the broken guns and maybe even add a few bits (i.e., thumb safety).
    even if you have one that runs, there is still the oversized bore / accuracy issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One thing about Glock was that they were going for a government contract which would seem to give you more security than trying to enter a crowded private market.

Most new business ventures fail, as a general rule.
    The P80. NSN: 1005-01-426-0608 (PISTOL, 9MM, GLOCK 17)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    even if you have one that runs, there is still the oversized bore / accuracy issue.
    That assumes that’s the case with all of the guns.

But if it is - well two options - have a barrel made or load .357-358” bullets into 9mm cases.

And right now the H9 is on the USPSA Production list.

Remember, I’m viewing it as a competition gun that mimics the feel of my 1911s.

Site Supporter
    Oversize barrels in 9mm autos are fairly common. Cast bullet shooters have reported this fact after having run a soft lead bullet through the bore and then measuring diameter. I remember some having said that Beretta 92 barrels are oversize. Beretta has technical competence to make them any diameter they choose. I suspect that oversize barrels help reduce pressure when +P and +P+ ammo is used. I load and shoot .357 or .358 cast bullets as a first choice in my 9mm semi autos. If .357 leads the barrel, I'll try .358. When Lee Jurras of Super Vel fame introduced high velocity handgun ammo almost 50 years ago, he kept pressure down by reducing bullet diameter and reducing bullet weight. His bullets had thin jackets. The theory is that when high pressure hits the base of the bullet, its diameter is bumped up to barrel diameter.

I've been critical of the H9 but will point out that the oversize barrel most likely is not the cause of poor accuracy. At the lgs shop today, again I asked the owner to field strip it. I'm convinced that design does not lock up the rear of the barrel as firmly as it should. Purposely the recoil spring and its rod are well below the barrel to bring about less muzzle flip. I think the design permitting this arrangement fails to provide rigidity needed to prevent barrel movement when lock up occurs. If I could have designed handguns, I would not be writing guesses on an internet forum. I wish they had brought in Irv Stone as a consultant. Ruger consulted Irv, Sr when they were plagued with accuracy problems on their first 9mm semi auto. Very quickly he pointed out that dwell time was too short and showed them how to design a better barrel. The Hudsons are honorable people, and I regret that they have not been having success that would have benefitted them as well as other shooters.

Site Supporter
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...or-bankruptcy/

Hudson Manufacturing Files For Bankruptcy

Hudson Manufacturing, makers of the much-vaunted Hudson H9, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on March 14th. This is, presumably, in direct response to their previously cataloged troubles. Cambridge Valley Machining has sued Hudson over unpaid debts after being contracted to machine parts for them.

CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY

There are several different types, or chapters, of bankruptcies that individuals and companies can file for. Hudson has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, meaning that they have chosen to liquidate all their assets to absolve their debts.

There are some interesting titbits in Hudson’s filing. First, their estimated assets are less than $50,000 USD. However, their liabilities are somewhere between $10 million and $50 million dollars. In fact, according to the filings, Cambridge Valley Machining might not even be their largest creditor. While estimates of how much Hudson owes Cambridge Valley vary, the value is certainly more than $500,000, and probably under $1 million. That leaves at least $9 million in debt unaccounted for, and possibly as much as $49 million. Their list of creditors spans 18 pages.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-18-2019 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...or-bankruptcy/

Hudson Manufacturing Files For Bankruptcy

How does a small company that outsources their production and has a limited number of sku's end up with liabilities between $10 million and $50 million dollars?!?! Did they get a startup loan from the mob and miss some payments? Did they buy land and build a new facility?

By next year, on Forgotten Weapons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Where is the list of creditors?

User Tag List