Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz98 View Post
    Flash in the pan. On the FB groups, they have been MIA for a couple of months on the customer service end, not reposnding to emails and a full voice mail with no returns.
    SHOT Show intro to Forgotten Weapons.com in two years?
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 01-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    The Hudson was discussed on a recent P&S modcast. Dave Laubert Of Defensive Creations had a very interesting observation. He like the Hudson overall however he had accuracy issues with with the standard barrel and a factory threaded barrel he bought. He slugged both barrels and found the bores oversized, I beleive .358 or so. Given 9mm uses .355 bullets I can see this being an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'm a cynical motherfucker when it comes to new things. Don't get me wrong, if it turns out to be a great pistol I'm going to be impressed, but until it's proven through and through all the discussions about height over bore, grip size, it's the real deal, or whatever are all marketing BS.
    I like when I can easily predict the future a year in advance.

Hype isn't something that's worth buying into.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-22-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I like when I can easily predict the future a year in advance.

Hype isn't something that's worth buying into.
    When the H9 was first introduced my youngest son was all in on getting one. I told him to hold off, when he asked me why I told him, "Read up on the Bren Ten." The same story I've seen repeated numerous times over the years.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Qaz98 View Post
    Flash in the pan. On the FB groups, they have been MIA for a couple of months on the customer service end, not reposnding to emails and a full voice mail with no returns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    That's really disappointing, I had hope for that gun and the owners. But just the last week or 2 I handled a brand new one in a gun shop. Had no idea they were MIA. The shop should definitely disclose that to prospective buyers.

Damn.

I can only hope someone bought the rights to the Hudson and it's going to get made elsewhere. Like when Rohrbaugh and Boberg suddenly disappeared one morning to reappear later...unfortunately they reappeared later as the Remington R380 and the Bond Arms "Bullpup 9". So...maybe that wasn't so good. Maybe Hudson was bought by Para-Ord? That would seem about right.

I hadn't gone in on a Hudson yet, because there still wasn't a thumb safety. I guess I probably won't be going in on one at all now.

ETA: Greater clarity achieved - https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...udson-mfg-llc/

Hudson is being sued, because they didn't pay their bills. Specifically, they didn't pay for the parts they've ostensibly used (or will use) to manufacture some 10,000 pistols. They are being sued to the tune of about 600k right now + attorney fees and interest damages. They've been tied up in court since September, about the time Cy Hudson fell off the grid. I'm betting they cannot currently service handguns due to both a lack of man power and a lack of parts, since they shot their parts supplier in the foot.

If I were the Hudsons right now, I'd be shopping my intellectual property rights, looking to get out of the hole and come out the other side with a bit of cash. Right now, Hudson is not only looking at 600k+ in legal damages, they're soon to have irreparable reputation damage. Might as well sell off the intellectual rights now and profit, while the getting is there. Or risk losing your ass, entirely in another 18 months. I'm sure someone would offer them a few million + settling their legal issues to buy the rights and patents lock stock and bought. I bet they're trying to get someone to license them and pay them royalties. Not something I would ever do, but someone might be stupid enough to do it.

Seriously, if I had a moderate sized gun company, like Springfield Armory sized I'd move to buy the rights. A little bit of re-work to get the gun to run XD magazines, stick it in Leatham's hands and turn it loose. The right marketing campaign (Springfield can market) + a company with a good reputation may well turn something like the H9 into a big seller.

I doubt we've seen the last of the H9 as a handgun, but I bet we've seen the last of them labeled "Hudson".
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-22-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Damn shame that.

I thought the pistol was a pretty nifty design and had a small desire to eventually get one to screw around with. Not no more I reckon.

I remember seeing Cy Hudson on a recent segment from Trigger Time TV. Maybe they know where he’s hiding?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

This sucks.
    #RESIST

Maybe too much too fast. Rather than working on a threaded barrel or an aluminum frame, just focus on getting the handgun right.

On the one hand, rushing to market before establishing reliability could be fatal, taking years after the initial announcement (PD10) could also be fatal.

Expensive conversation piece.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wish them the best. Based on the (totally inadequate ) information in this thread, it looks like they just ran out of gas. Hopefully they are able to secure additional funding.

I think its silly to read too much into the court filings. You are getting only one side of the story.

User Tag List