Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If I've learned anything from the internet over the past 6 or 7 years it's that unless your last name is Colt, Browning, Kalashnikov, Stoner, or Glock, your ideas with regard to firearms are stupid, dangerous, and can never possibly work -- much less be an improvement.
    There's obviously room for incremental improvements.

However, this is a very mature technology we're talking about, here...

EDITED TO ADD: And I'll admit that a great deal of my skepticism comes from two things I've seen over and over and over again:

1) Lots of great ideas for guns coming from creative engineering types who love guns, but don't really shoot guns, and/or...
    2) Interesting engineering solutions coming from companies who don't worry about niggling details like quality control.

This is how we get Bobergs and Heizer Double Taps.
    Last edited by Tamara; 01-08-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

Also looks like it makes for incredibly unergonomic manipulation of most weapon light switches.... the toggles would be at least 2" below where they would be on a normal pistol. a DG switch would be basically necessary (And probably none would fit normally, either)
    You mean like on an ALG 6 Second mount?
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 01-08-2017 at 06:17 PM.

The dustcover should be able to work like a wing on AIWB holsters. I want one. I like ugly esoteric overpriced shit. Just look at my clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

EDITED TO ADD: And I'll admit that a great deal of my skepticism comes from two things I've seen over and over and over again:

1) Lots of great ideas for guns coming from creative engineering types who love guns, but don't really shoot guns, and/or...

...This is how we get Bobergs and Heizer Double Taps.
    In no way discounting your experienced observation of the probable. Just noting that this is how we got Glocks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I just wish they'd gone further and incorporated a non-reciprocating, low profile, MRDS mount into he design, but I'm sure they had their reasons for not doing so -- probably because pistol mounted optics is a very niche area currently -- and I don't fault them for it.
    Apropos of dick, but: I was just reading a breachbangclear article that observed in an even more off-handed way than I am doing now that Kelly McCann was advocating for serious RDS use back in the mid-90s. Being old enough to remember both "jim grover" and this fact first hand, I was stuck by the observation that this is still seen as fringe 2 decades later. Talk about incremental.

Carry on.

Sidheshooter;

I think the technology is just getting to the point where serious RDS use on a pistol is feasible. The RMR was the first sight to break through. Back in the '90s the RDS's could only be frame mounted, and this, couple with the size of the housings, meant that concealability went out the window. Even today, some folks are advocating a frame mounted dot. What does that do for concealability?

I think of RDS's in the '90s like cars in the 1890s. It took 20 years for the technology to break through. We're now at that point. My dept is in the process of working up the authorization to allow them for duty use.

I need to buy a Boberg before I buy this. The Boberg is actually a really cool piece of engineering, and I appreciate the passion and adventure that Arne committed to.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I need to buy a Boberg before I buy this. The Boberg is actually a really cool piece of engineering, and I appreciate the passion and adventure that Arne committed to.
    After playing with that test gun for several months, I was pretty sure I was going to wind up buying one to replace my J-frames for winter coat pocket carry.

I just keep getting cold feet at the malfunction clearance process. Plus this:

Name:  boberg bullet puller.jpg
Views: 2524
Size:  54.8 KB
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

There's gotta be something else going on with that dust cover that we can't tell from the pics/info released to this point. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Site Supporter
    Looks neat...But then again so does the CZp10, m&p 2.0, and the 320rx. An integrated WML would be nice...I just can't really afford to jump down the "new gun" rabbit hole again...Though I've gotta say, a M&P 2.0 or SIG 320 with a thumb safety would be awesome...

I played with a limited shooters M&P40 not long ago...The apex trigger setup he had was awesome. But I wouldn't carry it without a thumb safety.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    You mean like on an ALG 6 Second mount?
    Something else they have in common - i've never considered buying either

User Tag List