Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

An interesting design, but I have a feeling it's the new Bren Ten.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I wanna try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I had a chance to handle an H9 today. It felt very nice in the hand and you could get an extremely high grip. The trigger was good but the "upside down" hinge felt a bit strange. The reset was very short.

A cool piece.
    Was that in a shop or where?

As near as I can tell there aren't really an H9s on the ground yet. I keep checking, because the Hudson is one of the few guns that has my interest to any level currently.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

As near as I can tell there aren't really an H9s on the ground yet. I keep checking, because the Hudson is one of the few guns that has my interest to any level currently.
    A friend of mine has one. Pretty sweet shooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot an H9 last year at SHOT and at the time, I remember (/wrote down) that it felt on par with other full steel 1911 platforms that I'd shot around that then in regards to a soft, flat shooting gun. The trigger was not on the same level as the specific 1911s I had been shooting around then, but they were some of the higher grade Wilson Combats, so that's in no way a negative; just an observation.

If I can find a way to get my hands on one locally, I'm definitely going to track it down and check it out again to make sure my impressions were correct as I find it a legitimately interesting piece.

Right now I don't think its quite a 'game changer', but it definitely has the potential to contend with CZ in being a favorite hipster gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Shop local to me (bit of a drive for you tho) had one in stock and sold it almost immediately.

I haz a sad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Got the email notice that grabagun.com had it in stock. They had two when I logged in. I snagged one and the other is gone. I definitely have some reservations about getting the first generation, but what the heck.

I think defense outdoors has done left online when I just checked. Better than paying over MSRP on gunbroker. I'm sure more will pop up over the next few weeks.

Edit: just checked and grabagun has 2 more in stock. Maybe they're just periodically releasing it online. Anyways, much more reasonable price than gunbroker, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Qaz98; 10-27-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Updated info.

This is a fascinating gun. I'm not an early adopter sort, but I'll be following this development closely...

Why does it extract to the left/9:00 ?!?!?!?

User Tag List