Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Incredibly tall dust cover and incredibly long looking chamber. Color me interested albeit skeptical.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Anyone have info on the Hudson H9 ?

Apparently it's a U.S. made striker fired pistol with a 1911 style sliding trigger.

http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-excl...ed-121960.html

https://www.hudsonmfg.com/ETA/chapters/1-4
    Cool if it delivers. No thumb safety? Hmmm.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser92 View Post
    Looking at the pictures, I wonder why the dust cover comes all the way down to the bottom of the triggerguard? Is there something special with a huge recoil spring or something?
    Name:  48570591.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  93.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Name:  48570591.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  93.9 KB
    Well, if you use a rail mounted laser it is going to have a really interesting height over bore...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Looks cool, and reminds me of silencerco's integrally suppressed pistol concept. Trigger guard is really small.

Site Supporter
    The Detonics pistol appears to have Novak sights...that is something.

Site Supporter
    Indeed, my questions for all these " new" would be these: would it not be easier, cheaper and perhaps gain more customers faster etc to build your platform around a magazine ( I am aware that the Pincus 9mm was built around a CMC 9mm Power mag) that is known to work and use commonly avail sight dimensions/configurations as well? i.e. Novak, Glock Sig etc.

Engineers and those in the know enlighten me please.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

I suspect it's for a couple of reasons, all relating to achieving a low bore axis, or more importantly a low recoil axis (a term I just made up to describe where the recoil forces all resolve in relation to the shooters hands/arms). I suspect this will be a pretty flat shooting/recoiling gun since it's metal, has a lot of extra mass hanging off the front (due to the enlarged dustcover, etc.), and a low "recoil axis" that resolves straight back in to the web of the shooters hand.
    Also looks like it makes for incredibly unergonomic manipulation of most weapon light switches.... the toggles would be at least 2" below where they would be on a normal pistol. a DG switch would be basically necessary (And probably none would fit normally, either)
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.

I suspect it's for a couple of reasons, all relating to achieving a low bore axis, or more importantly a low recoil axis (a term I just made up to describe where the recoil forces all resolve in relation to the shooters hands/arms). I suspect this will be a pretty flat shooting/recoiling gun since it's metal, has a lot of extra mass hanging off the front (due to the enlarged dustcover, etc.), and a low "recoil axis" that resolves straight back in to the web of the shooters hand.

Of course, I'm just making all this up from looking at a picture for 30 seconds, so I'm very likely wrong. [sarcasm]After all, if it was such a good idea why hasn't it been done before.[/sarcasm] If I've learned anything from the internet over the past 6 or 7 years it's that unless your last name is Colt, Browning, Kalashnikov, Stoner, or Glock, your ideas with regard to firearms are stupid, dangerous, and can never possibly work -- much less be an improvement.
    It appears to have a very similar recoil system (albeit lower bore axis) to the FK BRNO Field Pistol, which is an interesting pistol in it's own right: https://www.fkbrno.com/the-pistol-7-5

As you say though, likely hard to tell how much the recoil system helps by itself with all the mass on the front of the pistol.

So... When is there a gadget for it?

I'd be curious to try it out. (The pistol, not the gadget. Rather, I'm just clarifying since the gadget doesn't exist for this pistol and don't want to make it seem like I'm against the concept of the gadget, you know, "in general")
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 01-08-2017 at 02:11 PM.

User Tag List