Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The latest issue of Recoil (Issue 29) had a good write up on the H9. A couple of things stood out to me in the article..mainly that the prototypes were prone to break the chassis locking lugs around the 1,000 round mark. Hudson engineers stated they were working to revise the design. I'm not sure what specific changes were made but it was interesting to read that. The author stated that recoil management was very good; seemed less "bouncy" than the G34, CZ SP01, XD-M and an M&P Pro they compared the H9 with. The authors did state that the prototype they shot fractured the locking lugs around the last few boxes of ammo they shot for the day.

Tons of info in that article so if you want to know more I recommend picking up that issue of Recoil.
    Magazine articles; from written to publication have a pipeline of about what? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? It could be much longer in a specific case. But if that short, that doesn't seem like a lot of time to debug, redesign, etc etc rinse repeat.

I'll be buying that issue of Recoil.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-25-2017 at 01:01 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm excited for how future iterations of the design will turn out. I think there is potential and it just needs more trigger time.

Why are we assuming the gun hasn't been shot for more than a few mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why are we assuming the gun hasn't been shot for more than a few mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom - I've only seen the (various) SHOT show videos; they don't look real extensive or lengthy.

No huge deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Tom - I've only seen the (various) SHOT show videos; they don't look real extensive or lengthy.

No huge deal to me.
    My point was that I suspect Hudson may have shot the thing a bit more. Others have though. Apparently they're not gonna chime in here.

I am quite hopeful for it. Not because I want one but because they're willing to try something new. I'll continue to remain hopeful until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    My point was that I suspect Hudson may have shot the thing a bit more. Others have though. Apparently they're not gonna chime in here.

I am quite hopeful for it. Not because I want one but because they're willing to try something new. I'll continue to remain hopeful until proven otherwise.
    Gotcha. Makes sense, duh. My bad.

Yeah if there are folks here, cool, but maybe they are bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement until Launch.

Anyway, it's a cool pistol, wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Product development, especially in the firearms industry, rarely happens in the open for all the internet to see.
    But don't you really wanna hear what folks who will never spend a dime on your product think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Product development, especially in the firearms industry, rarely happens in the open for all the internet to see.
    Indeed.

Stealth mode is not just for tech companies anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    So question for the experts:

Does the recoil impulse/sensation differ significantly between a Chiappa Rhino and a conventional revolver, assuming equivalent ammunition and handgun weight?

In a semi-auto pistol, the bullet has left the barrel before the barrel unlocks and the slide cycles. The functioning of the slide, extraction, ejection, feeding a new round from the magazine and chambering is a matter of diverting some of the energy from the cartridge firing. Will diverting this energy through a recoil spring assembly relocated 1 inch lower make that much of a difference? The bore axis is a bit lower, but I go back to my Rhino question above.

I guess I'm in a wait and see/shoot mode.
    Big difference between semis and revolvers as you mentioned.

Simplistically I'd think the shift in recoil between a conventional revolver and a rhino can be likened to the difference in bore axis alone on a semi such as a p226 compared to an arsenal strike one.

The added variable is the recoil assembly on a semi, and in the case of the h9 it is way lower than anything else.

Looking at the rhino, the bore is still above the trigger. Grip position differences aside, this is still significant.

1 inch may be small in terms of singular measurement, but how significant is that distance in terms of %change in overall grip height etc?

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Magazine articles; from written to publication have a pipeline of about what? 8 weeks? 12 weeks? It could be much longer in a specific case. But if that short, that doesn't seem like a lot of time to debug, redesign, etc etc rinse repeat.

I'll be buying that issue of Recoil.
    For hudson's sake I hope that the change needed to eliminate the issue is not a major one but who knows.

AFAIK there is no firm release date for public sale of the h9 yet, correct?

If this is the case, I'd tentatively trust that it will only be released when all issues are worked out. Not waiting would be the death knell for them imo

User Tag List