Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Indeed, one can see the rather significant difference in recoil spring placement relative to the hand.

It's the next logical step versus adjusting bore axis alone such as in the arsenal strike one or steyr m9

Me thinks it would be significantly harder to make the frame for this type of design out of plastic with inserts (ala glock or MP) due to the durability, strength and dimensional accuracy/precision needed.

No problem for Hudson though has having a steel frame fits into the whole partial 1911 lineage thing they are utilizing to other benefit as well as for marketing.

Last edited by fishing; 01-24-2017 at 04:14 AM.

It's all a bunch of hooplah and marketing so people keep talking about it. If you give Miculek a Hi-Point he's still going to rock the hell out of that thing.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It's all a bunch of hooplah and marketing so people keep talking about it. If you give Miculek a Hi-Point he's still going to rock the hell out of that thing.
    This.

I may have missed it, but had anyone here actually shot this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    This.

I may have missed it, but had anyone here actually shot this thing?
    Forum members have shot it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

But they haven't shot it shot it. Talk to me after 20K rounds

No, they haven't. I'm fairly certain if provided the opportunity they would have though, I know I would.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The cynical bastards at Forgotten Weapons were ready to tear it apart for being a gimmick and they say it's the real deal. I'm curious to see how it ends up turning out.

I'm a cynical motherfucker when it comes to new things. Don't get me wrong, if it turns out to be a great pistol I'm going to be impressed, but until it's proven through and through all the discussions about height over bore, grip size, it's the real deal, or whatever are all marketing BS.
    Last edited by Peally; 01-24-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'm a cynical motherfucker when it comes to new things. Don't get me wrong, if it turns out to be a great pistol I'm going to be impressed, but until it's proven through and through all the discussions about height over bore, grip size, it's the real deal, or whatever are all marketing BS.
    I don't think anyone is claiming that this will automatically make all who shoot it Grand Masters...

Many of us enjoy thinking about these sorts of things, learning about the potential benefits of engineering behind it etc - no harm done.

We can plainly see a difference in the location of the recoil spring, and theorize about the impact of said change. That alone is not marketing bs.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming that this will automatically make all who shoot it Grand Masters...

User Tag List