Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRXTDoD-r0

Aluminum frame, threaded barrel, and lower price coming this year
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 01-23-2018 at 02:10 PM.

SHOT 2017 metal frame and $1150 msrp
    SHOT 2018 aluminum frame and $950 msrp
    SHOT 2019 polymer frame and $750 msrp?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    SHOT 2017 metal frame and $1150 msrp
    SHOT 2018 aluminum frame and $950 msrp
    SHOT 2019 polymer frame and $750 msrp?
    I'd personally prefer SHOT 2019 to be Compact Aluminum frame MSRP $850.

As it is, I'm beginning to see a future for myself in this platform. All steel for practice, aluminum for carry...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'd personally prefer SHOT 2019 to be Compact Aluminum frame MSRP $850.

As it is, I'm beginning to see a future for myself in this platform. All steel for practice, aluminum for carry...
    I think you’re the first person I’ve seen that is interested in these as more than a novelty
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I think you’re the first person I’ve seen that is interested in these as more than a novelty
    He'll have to change his screen name to "Hudson Harv" if he goes that route.

I've actually been interested since the first prototypes came around. Partly because I have an affinity for all steel 9mm handguns and partly because 1911 grip angle.

After getting hands on with one, I can see it being a usable platform for CC -with the thumb safety installed-. Since it looks increasingly like I'll go back to 1911s (see this thread for my recent problems with the P30 that may (or may not) be cured) I'm very interested in double-stack platforms with 1911-driven ergos.

The only thing remotely close to the H9 existing would be a 2011 STI. I actually handled a 2011 and the H9 side-by-side and the H9 is actually a tiny bit more trim, because it isn't made around the .45 ACP cartridge like a 9mm 2011 is. Not too mention the buy in on a reliable STI is about $2k and that's ASSuming you get magazines that work properly. The H9 does appear to have some magazine issues that need to be worked out and the accuracy concerns are another can of worms.

But there is a lot to like about the H9. 1911 ergonomics, steel frame, decent trigger, thumb safety, 15+1 mags (more bullets isn't a point of concern for me), M&P sight cuts make it easy to get sights standardized across platforms. The biggest downsides are the "new maker", "novelty", and rail location. So far Hudson seems to be acquitting itself pretty well. And frankly - it is my expectation that Hudson Mfg as currently exists isn't long for this world, but the H9 is. A smart company will buy the design, rebrand it, and get moving (e.g., Remington buying Rohrbaugh, or Bond Arms buying Boberg)...here's looking at you COLT...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-23-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    A low bore axis shooting tool for the kale eating demographic.
    I tried Kale this past summer. I probably would have liked it if I was a goat!

I kind of wish I had the budget to be interested in these as more than a novelty. As it is, I look forward to RevolverRob's pending adventure with them.
    Last edited by olstyn; 01-24-2018 at 11:26 PM.

I just want them to make a sliiiiightly small aluminum framed model with a thumb safety and I would be all over it for CCW.

User Tag List