Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
    Agreed. The thing that I found really weird was that even in Ian and Karl's 1 hour interview, they never broke down the gun. Especially given Ian's curiosity, I have to imagine that Hudson said "no". Since they said that all this was patented, I can only assume that they didn't do it because it's quite complex inside. So if I were to guess, I'd say that "small parts breakage" is this gun's biggest obstacle right now.
    That is probably my biggest worry on the pistol right now. If I was showing off a pistol I designed to someone who I know is nerdy about firearms design, I would be rushing to tear it down into its smallest parts and show how everything fits together. They also didn't want to field strip the pistol during another shot show interview I saw, something about a small spring falling out. On the other hand, I can think of two good reasons they would not want to break the gun down.

1. Maintain secrecy about the design for as long as possible to deter competitors, especially if it takes them a few more months to get the product to market than they anticipate.

2. They are working on improving the field strip procedure for the production model.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    If I really wanted to make money I'd just make gadgets (or anything, really) with Punisher logos on them.

Come to think of it, no one has made a slide cover plate knife attachment yet. Maybe that's what I need to work on next.
    Name:  1475615138735.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  43.0 KB

You never know....

Quote Originally Posted by fishing View Post

TOM

you need to get in contact with Hudson MFG asap if not done already.

if the H9 design allows for use of a gadget or gadget like device (that would be covered by your patent/s), this is your best present and foreseeable future chance to get the gadget integrated into a new production, from the factory gun (instead of being a niche aftermarket product).
    H9 has options for thumb safeties. Thumb safeties have been used with a great success for the same purpose that the Gadget exists for. Why even bother to design a niche accessory for a niche gun that already has an OEM feature that ably aids in safe holstering?
    Last edited by YVK; 01-26-2017 at 03:38 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    H9 has options for thumb safeties. Thumb safeties have been used with a great success for the same purpose that the Gadget exists for. Why even bother to design a niche accessory for a niche gun that already has an OEM feature that ably aids in safe holstering?
    one reason i can think of real quick is that i don't want to have to train myself to be competent with operating said thumb safety.
    I've never carried a gun with a thumb safety. maybe i'm missing out but having to gain that skill is a barrier for me.

I rarely say this, but can we all stay on topic? The H9 is a neat gun and this thread doesn't deserve to be cluttered up with all this other stuff.

i'm guilty.

I rarely say this, but can we all stay on topic? The H9 is a neat gun and this thread doesn't deserve to be cluttered up with all this other stuff.

*ahem* *clears throat*

Yeah, so as I was saying....

Down the line I would love to see an aluminum frame. I would like it to take advantage of the chassis design and be something you can purchase directly from the company or a distributor without an FFL. Hopefully disassembly is simple enough that I can easily swap the steel frame on for IDPA and range time and go back to the aluminum frame for carry. If this were available for, say, under $300, it would really help the economics of the gun by needing to buy only one gun for both a carry and a competition piece.

After that I would like to see a 5" .357 SIG or 9x23 Win version, and a redesign of the frame to have a full length rail.

The gun is already the same size as my EDC (CZ P-07) so I don't have any desire for a subcompact

I do not want them to fail but there are some things I dislike about the pistol:
    -dust cover being so low
    -capacity for the weight
    -sight dovetail choice
    -this talk about breaking lugs

I honestly don't care about getting a 1911 level trigger in a striker gun, Glocks with light tweaking or PPQ's are great enough to make it a non issue. I think the idea of a steel striker gun is more interesting and would even prefer a steel da/sa striker gun if the trigger was good.

Has anyone photoshopped a weapon light onto one? I'm really curious to see the H9 with an X300U and an APL.

I think I saw a pic of an X300A and it looked problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I think I saw a pic of an X300A and it looked problematic.
    All the folks who don't carry with a WML and won't buy an H9 were rather upset over that.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List