Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    All the folks who don't carry with a WML and won't buy an H9 were rather upset over that.
    Right! [emoji817]

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Right! [emoji817]
    Heard through the grapevine that Hudson is teaming with Surefire to have a voice activated WML developed in time for release of the pistol. This should alleviate the issue with controls on current WMLs.

The prototype mentioned by my source is activated by loudly yelling "Freeze Motherfucker"

Hudson H9

http://instagram.com/p/BPsY-Y8jDFC/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPsY-Y8jDFC/?hl=en

With all the coverage out of SHOT looking pretty positive, I think I'll be getting one of these when it releases.

Hey guys and gals I was able to have some communication with Cy Hudson about the locking lug issues and I am going to just copy his response:

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hudson
    And concerning the lugs
    The issue was not due to rapid prototypes parts. It was simply a byproduct of creating a new barrel camming and lockup system. Had to learn some things through testing.

Our initial system had a longer barrel hood cam than the one we had people running rounds through at industry day.

That longer hood cam resulted in the energy being transferred downward and directly on to the cams. Our dynamic effects analysis post-break made it clear as day. A simple two week fix, with a shorter hood cam redirected the unlock forces into the flat portion of the chassis insert instead of directly on to the lugs. However, two weeks would not have allowed the folks at Recoil to feature the pistol for SHOT. So, we called them and told them exactly what was happening and said that they should be open about the issue - nothing for us to hide. Anyone who has created a mechanical device from the ground up knows there are lessons to learn during R&D.
    I have every confidence they have got the issue resolved and I plan on running one through the 2000 round challenge as soon as I can get my hands on one. If anyone else has some more questions I will do my best to get them answered.
    Rick
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 02-12-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: quote response from Cy Hudson
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

Also looks like it makes for incredibly unergonomic manipulation of most weapon light switches
    Lights as currently designed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Lights as currently designed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Are you implying that the WML industry is going to redesign interfaces on WMLs that suit 99% of guns out there so that they will instead suit the Hudson H9?

Because I really, honestly, don't see that happening. I don't consider this to be any clairvoyance on my part, but rather the issue self-evident.
    Last edited by TGS; 02-22-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Are you implying that the WML industry is going to redesign interfaces on WMLs that suit 99% of guns out there so that they will instead suit the Hudson H9?

Because I really, honestly, don't see that happening. I don't consider this to be any clairvoyance on my part, but rather the issue self-evident.
    If this is released and remains a niche/esoteric pistol then no, companies will not design/redesign a switch for this pistol.

If it gains traction I could see switch designs shifted to accommodate this pistol.

ALTHOUGH, is it also possible that light activation could soon move to bluetooth or other wireless tech? I think it could and would enjoy seeing it happen. Wasnt there already a wireless activated product recently released?

ETA: Here it is, CT WML and Laser activated by grip wirelessly. Not a YUGE fan of TTAG site but...

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ers-on-rifles/
    Last edited by Chef; 02-22-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add Information

In my opinion compared to a button bluetooth is completely ass useless for turning a light on. About on par with a fingerprint scanner
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

It's not Bluetooth, which would be super hackable. There are several other radio protocols that they could use that wouldn't use as much power and would be easier to encrypt. From the brief article I like it and it makes sense. It's not a frigging trigger, it's an accessory, and we're talking about a very established technology.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    BTT

Anyone have one, shot one, etc.?

thx

David Barnes
    www.vcdgrips.com

User Tag List