Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Good pull. It made me think of the new Detonics guns...

first time seen this gun, which is a good thing, it hurts my eyes. Was this actually for sale or was just a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    BTT

Anyone have one, shot one, etc.?

thx

David Barnes
    www.vcdgrips.com
    Interested as well. It's been quiet for some time.

I was searching out threads across the interwebz last night for updates on the Hudson. Lots of hype from the start of the year, but things seem to have simmered down. Some sites are still taking pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    first time seen this gun, which is a good thing, it hurts my eyes. Was this actually for sale or was just a prototype?
    I don't think it was ever for sale. Detonics and STI were supposed to partner on these...The Detonics website appears defunct though; no idea what STI is up to. This video from last year seems the most recent news for the pistol...obviously it wasn't the MHS winner...

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I don't think it was ever for sale. Detonics and STI were supposed to partner on these...The Detonics website appears defunct though; no idea what STI is up to. This video from last year seems the most recent news for the pistol...obviously it wasn't the MHS winner...
    Detonics produced a few (very few) MTXs (double-stack .45). The STX was submitted to MHS and I thought it was cute that Detonics somehow thought they would win the MHS contract...Apparently, they were banking on it, because they appear defunct.

STI is doing just fine by contrast. They have released a revised double-stack magazine recently which incorporates many of the "mods" that end users were doing to keep their guns running in competition. AND I admit - the Costa Carry Comp in 9mm - https://stiguns.com/guns/costa-carry-comp/ - Which features a non-reciprocating compensator with the front sight mounted to it...makes me all kinds of giddy and is probably the closest thing to a Hudson H9 that is out on the market.

I saw a few people post pictures of these on ig and saw a few on gunbroker. Anybody here get one or plan to? They intrigue me and I'll be looking forward to getting hands on with one if i find one locally.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 10-24-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I saw a few people post pictures of these on ig and saw a few on gunbroker. Anybody here get one or plan to? They intrigue me and I'll be looking forward to getting hands on with one if i find one locally.
    I'd like to buy one "just cause" but I'm gonna wait another year or two for them to sort out any potential issues that always usually plague a brand new model release.

I saw Steve Fisher's FB Live video of him shooting the H9 last night; that thing shoots stupid flat. Wow.

Don't know how to embed FB videos but here it is:
    https://www.facebook.com/spaceshuttl...9481686453406/

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=1469481686453406
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 10-24-2017 at 02:59 PM. Reason: embedded video
    Shoot more, post less...

If I had lottery money I would buy that Detonics. Always wanted one... even a ugly, fat-bottomed, brown one apparently! Might as well get an AMT Hardballer and most of the pistols I wanted a kid would be covered.

I am hoping someone at my club gets a Hudson and lets me shoot it. While people can sometimes poo-poo low bore axis as a gimmick, I cut my teeth on a Steyr M9A1 that seems to shoot pretty darn flat. And I have to assume the L9A1 is even flatter.

So, that's an incredibly flat shooting pistol in his hands - but his hands look like shovels - that pistol looks like a 22 in his hands. Do we have any video of humans shooting the H9?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, that's an incredibly flat shooting pistol in his hands - but his hands look like shovels - that pistol looks like a 22 in his hands. Do we have any video of humans shooting the H9?
    I just watched both Steve Fishers video and one by Jon Corriea with his H9. Jon had more visible muzzle lift and several stoppages when he was shooting and another shooter who was right handed. It could be a bad mag or lack of lube noted the 2 shooters as it was first shots without lube or change from out of the box condition. It is on FB I don't know how to link to it but you can find it at ASP FB page.

User Tag List