Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    From the article:

Felt recoil was very low and the gun didn’t have hardly any muzzle flip. As an obviously subjective measure, I would guess that the felt recoil was probably 25% less than my Glock 19. It’s soft shooting.
    Yeah...and for a gun that weighs 60% more than the glock 19, I'd certainly hope the felt recoil would be somewhat less....

I ended up putting 45 rounds through the gun.
    Does this even qualify as a review?--45 rounds seems more like "first impressions"

Quote Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
    From the article:

Yeah...and for a gun that weighs 60% more than the glock 19, I'd certainly hope the felt recoil would be somewhat less....

Does this even qualify as a review?--45 rounds seems more like "first impressions"
    The guys who run InRangeTV shot the aluminum framed gun, said the recoil impulse (flat tracking)was the same. They postulated it was due to design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    The guys who run InRangeTV shot the aluminum framed gun, said the recoil impulse (flat tracking)was the same. They postulated it was due to design.

I don't doubt that the H9's design has some influence in how recoil is perceived. And while I value the objectivity of the InRangeTV guys on almost everything else, they are obviously biased when it comes to the Hudson H9. Ian and Karl are friends with Cy and Lauren Hudson and InRangeTV has more videos about the Hudson H9 than about any other single commercial product.

So until more data is in, I will remain skeptical that the 34oz unloaded weight isn't playing a substantial role in softening the gun's impulse.

Site Supporter
    I don't doubt that the H9's design has some influence in how recoil is perceived. And while I value the objectivity of the InRangeTV guys on almost everything else, they are obviously biased when it comes to the Hudson H9. Ian and Karl are friends with Cy and Lauren Hudson and InRangeTV has more videos about the Hudson H9 than about any other single commercial product.

So until more data is in, I will remain skeptical that the 34oz unloaded weight isn't playing a substantial role in softening the gun's impulse.
    Sounds like a good subject for an I Rangel test - comparable steel frame 9mm would include 1911s, S&W 5906 and Steel frame P226s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sounds like a good subject for an I Rangel test - comparable steel frame 9mm would include 1911s, S&W 5906 and Steel frame P226s.
    It tracks flatter than my 9mm 1911’s

While I don’t own one and have no desire to at this point, it is a flat shooting gun.

The gun sits as low as a Glock and has the recoil system moved much lower than a Glock.

It’s going to track flatter.

A Glock tracks flatter than a Sig, yet the Sig is heavier.

It’s a combination of several things, yes, weight being one.

I must respectfully disagree on Karl and Ian not being able to remain objective. Nothing from what I’ve seen or conversations I’ve had would lead me to believe that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    The gun sits as low as a Glock and has the recoil system moved much lower than a Glock.

It’s going to track flatter.

A Glock tracks flatter than a Sig, yet the Sig is heavier.
    Shooting flatter and having "25% less recoil" are two different things entirely. Adding weight will "soften" the recoil by spreading out the impulse, and that is what I suspect that poster was perceiving...

I must respectfully disagree on Karl and Ian not being able to remain objective. Nothing from what I’ve seen or conversations I’ve had would lead me to believe that at this point.
    In one of their Q&A's they were asked to name the rifle and a pistol that they would choose if they had to be stranded on a desert island--Ian confidently answered that his pistol would be a Hudson H9. He made that comment while the H9 was still a prototype and almost a full year before Hudson shipped InRange a production H9 to shoot. To pronounce something the best pistol ever before it even existed as a production gun suggests to me that there is some bias there.

Shooting flatter and having "25% less recoil" are two different things entirely. Adding weight will "soften" the recoil by spreading out the impulse, and that is what I suspect that poster was perceiving...

In one of their Q&A's they were asked to name the rifle and a pistol that they would choose if they had to be stranded on a desert island--Ian confidently answered that his pistol would be a Hudson H9. He made that comment while the H9 was still a prototype and almost a full year before Hudson shipped InRange a production H9 to shoot. To pronounce something the best pistol ever before it even existed as a production gun suggests to me that there is some bias there.
    I really don’t get wrapped up in felt recoil in 9mm-45acp...10mm, 44mag now I’m for comps/porting. Lol

My ability to track the sights and get back on target faster is what matters to me.

I don’t recall that in a QA, but that’s a bit absurd. I know Karl has publicly covered some issues and brought them up to Cy. I personally don’t look to InRange for tactics or personal weapons. They bash 1911’s frequently, I have several that have had less malfunctions than my Glocks with similar round counts.

I don’t have any “toy” handguns. They all must work reliably, and should be very durable. I don’t think the H9 is there yet.

Handled one today again. If I wasn't flush with pistols that I need and that I don't need, I'd get one. The way that thing sits in my hands, I can comfortably rest my support thumb on the top of the slide. Insane.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Flash in the pan. On the FB groups, they have been MIA for a couple of months on the customer service end, not reposnding to emails and a full voice mail with no returns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

User Tag List