Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Just purchased an H9 the other day, so far I'm quite impressed. The attention to detail on the pistol is fantastic and everything is machined and finished very well. It feels like a 1911 in the hand and balances well ( mine is the steel frame, without a scale I'd say similar weight to an sp01). I've been out to the range with it only one time but was able to put maybe 400 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I keep comparing it to an sp01 in my head for whatever reason but I think it has a similar balance and shoot-ability, I believe its a flatter shooting gun though. I've heard people complain about it shooting low and that was not the case for me, the short travel and reset of the trigger lends its self well to shooting fast. the controls were easy to manipulate and configured in a way in witch I never had to modify my grip to manipulate any of them.
    all in all its very nice gun in my experience, Ill be shooting the shit out of it for sure so ill keep you folks updated on anything that may break or undo wear that my crop up. They are new pistols and there may be bugs in the platform that need to be worked out, i personally like being apart of these things in the early stages. kind of exciting but maybe im just a nerd

I finally figured out that Hudson patterned its magazines off if 3rd Gen Smith (5906) magazines.

If anyone is experiencing magazine related issues, grabbing a Mec-Gar or Smith OEM mag and comparing them, would be in order.

Shot one, everything about it underwhelmed me. I’d worry about long term durability and parts support. Not sure how it would handle a heavy firing schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Shot one, everything about it underwhelmed me. I’d worry about long term durability and parts support. Not sure how it would handle a heavy firing schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll give you the parts support issue due to the fact that many new companies fail, but on the other issues I ask...Based on what?

I have vague recollections from the 80's of hearing that Glocks were invisible to airport metal detectors and unreliable because the frames were made of plastic. New and/or different is often scary.

I have no horse in this race. I've never held one, shot one, and don't own stock in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I finally figured out that Hudson patterned its magazines off if 3rd Gen Smith (5906) magazines.

If anyone is experiencing magazine related issues, grabbing a Mec-Gar or Smith OEM mag and comparing them, would be in order.
    From January of 2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I shot it today at Media Day, didn't take any photos. It shot very nice, although I felt like the trigger safety doodad was kind of weird. I probably won't buy one, but it's a genuine new idea and I hope they sell a pissload of them.

Oh also the magazines are based off the 5906 magazine. Word on the street is you can modify a 3rd Gen Smif mag to fit. They also said that new mags would retail for around $30
    Last edited by Drang; 04-30-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    From January of 2017:
    Why you gotta make me look dumb?

I scoured the internets high and low for that info...

I handled one of these for the first time on Sunday. If it's still around in a few years I may give it a go.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Toonces View Post
    I'll give you the parts support issue due to the fact that many new companies fail, but on the other issues I ask...Based on what?

I have vague recollections from the 80's of hearing that Glocks were invisible to airport metal detectors and unreliable because the frames were made of plastic. New and/or different is often scary.

I have no horse in this race. I've never held one, shot one, and don't own stock in the company.
    My highly subjective and personal observations;

Didn't care for the trigger characteristics at all.

Magazine well very Browning Hi Poweresque, as in narrow, tight and not terribly conducive for speed reloads.

Price point and long term reliability and parts availability concerns.

If you want one, I'm the last person in the world who will try to dissuade you from buying a new gun. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

'"He was actually a student at ours at TDI when he shot for the West Point pistol team. After serving as an army officer, he left the military and founded a pistol company."

I wish my life could give me a quick bio like that.

Or, like this guy: Jonny Kim - Navy Seal to Harvard Medical School to astronaut. https://www.nasa.gov/astronauts/biog...-kim/biography

User Tag List