Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by miken1 View Post
    I have a chance to purchase new at $500. Hoping if something doesn't work that somebody will figure out a work around. However, did a lot of these work and keep going?
    Anecdotally, judging by the responses I've read, the issue(s) aren't so much reliability as they are accuracy. As in blunderbuss-type accuracy.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Anecdotally, judging by the responses I've read, the issue(s) aren't so much reliability as they are accuracy. As in blunderbuss-type accuracy.
    Does that suggest that an aftermarket fitted barrel with better lockup would improve things, presuming one of the aftermarket barrel makers would even be interested in producing one?

I’d love a match grade, tightly fit barrel. If anyone finds a manufacturer I’m in for a group buy. I have a threaded barrel also and lockup is not improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Does that suggest that an aftermarket fitted barrel with better lockup would improve things, presuming one of the aftermarket barrel makers would even be interested in producing one?
    Considering that a gunsmith with a superb reputation had one, and ultimately passed on it, I think there are better rat holes to throw money down on, but it's your money....

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 03-24-2019 at 12:07 PM.

I wonder if someone could add a barrel bushing

Considering that a gunsmith with a superb reputation had one, and ultimately passed on it, I think there are better rat holes to throw money down on, but it's your money....

Best, Jon
    I mean let’s be fair. We didn’t actually ask @Jason Burton if he made any attempts to diagnose or repair the accuracy issues of the Hudson.

If I didn’t have to pay the tax man too much money in two weeks, I would have already bought a couple at $600. I thought hard about it, frankly.

But with tax bills and not knowing whether I will be living in a ban state at some point in the next 36-months is keeping me cautious about buying into any double-stack 9mm platform right now. I might well be an exclusive 1911 and revolver shooter by necessity, soon.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-24-2019 at 01:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    I wonder if someone could add a barrel bushing

A bushing won’t fix a barrel with an oversized bore. A new barrel is required.

Best, Jon
    Oh, I don't have the spare cash to invest in a dead platform like that - I'm asking questions almost purely out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I mean let’s be fair. We didn’t actually ask @Jason Burton if he made any attempts to diagnose or repair the accuracy issues of the Hudson.

If I didn’t have to pay the tax man too much money in two weeks, I would have already bought a couple at $600. I thought hard about it, frankly.

But with tax bills and not knowing whether I will be living in a ban state at some point in the next 36-months is keeping me cautious about buying into any double-stack 9mm platform right now. I might well be an exclusive 1911 and revolver shooter by necessity, soon.
    That' exactly why I keep a couple 8-10 rnd .45's around, as well as some carryable revolvers, my state is'nt any danger at present, But one never knows what'll happen in the future..

Site Supporter
    As Hambo pointed out, Colt 2000 All American pistols float around in abundance. I predict that the H9 will serve as a good example to pair with the Colt 2000 if someone desires a "turkey" collection. But seriously. Colt and Knight's Armament collaborated on the 2000 All American project. Colt had engineers and resources. Mr Knight had impeccable credentials. I have no idea why the result was a turkey. Too, I will jump up and say that although Mr. Knight's name was associated with the project, I have no idea how long or to what extent he stayed with the project. I write this to point out that undesirable outcomes can result even with experts doing the work.

User Tag List