Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Why does it extract to the left/9:00 ?!?!?!?
    That is just the camera reversing the image. It ejects to the right like most semi autos.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    That is just the camera reversing the image. It ejects to the right like most semi autos.
    A couple of cases clearly looked to eject to the left of the shooter. Most ejected right, but a few seemed to eject left
    Shoot more, post less...

Which video? I didn't notice it.

I went back and watched the TTAG video more closely and at .25 speed. It looks like the slide is moving forward and hitting an ejected case that is spinning and knocking the case to the left of the shooter. 4min 08 was the easiest for me to see. It definitely random as most eject normally to the right. Something to look at.
    Last edited by octagon; 10-30-2017 at 09:08 AM.

TTAG is so riddled with stupidity I wouldn't even trust solid video evidence of a blue sky from them
    Last edited by Peally; 10-30-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    TTAG is so riddled with stupidity I wouldn't even trust solid video evidence of a blue sky from them
    I will not post the ttag torture test then. Haha. There is another review, where he had some issues with the H9. Seems like QC issues.

https://youtu.be/15kolAVD3gk

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There is another review, where he had some issues with the H9. Seems like QC issues.

https://youtu.be/15kolAVD3gk
    QC issues aside, all the reviews I've seen hint (if not outright show) that the H9 is not a very accurate gun. So then what is the point of going to the trouble to engineer in a "1911-type" straight pull trigger if the gun itself is not capable of delivering decent accuracy? It seems like the H9 started off with good intentions but realized along the way that they could not deliver on all fronts.

While the H9 still seems like a cool gun, I'm not convinced that it is any "flatter shooting" than any other 2+ pound 9mm pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ExMachina View Post
    QC issues aside, all the reviews I've seen hint (if not outright show) that the H9 is not a very accurate gun. So then what is the point of going to the trouble to engineer in a "1911-type" straight pull trigger if the gun itself is not capable of delivering decent accuracy? It seems like the H9 started off with good intentions but realized along the way that they could not deliver on all fronts.

While the H9 still seems like a cool gun, I'm not convinced that it is any "flatter shooting" than any other 2+ pound 9mm pistol.
    I think people want this gun to succeed so like of the gun,concept or people behind it may influence the attitude towards it's reality more so than a regular gun from an established maker. In the end each person makes the choice for themselves. For me I have to consider what this gun does that many cheaper guns do not, or don't do as well. For $1100 dollars I don't see it being more accurate,lower recoil or muzzle rise,more reliable,nicer to carry or in any way better by much than good guns that cost half to a quarter the price.

Until someone compares the gun with other guns in a slow motion graphic using the same ammo and same shooter(s) any comparison of muzzle rise/recoil will be based on subjective feel so hard to say how good or bad it is. I hope it succeeds and improves any weak areas. Options are always good even if I don't choose them or not initially.

"A Sas Tale of Buyer Beware"

I've handled one belonging to a friend, and was impressed with fit and finish, grip, sights, etc.....had no plans to buy one.

Saw this video this morning....

https://youtu.be/Eo127UZsuH8
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Wait... people are enthusiastic about these guns now??

Was at the range on Thurs and took a couple of friends shooting. Was surprised to see the H9 in a display case. Asked to hold it and dry fire a couple of pulls.

It reminded me a lot of looking at a more squared HK P7 sight profile. Sits very low in the hand. The trigger was really nice. It had a nice roll to it, with what felt like zero take up (aside from the pulling in of the trigger safety), a short throw and no "wall" to push through. Forgot to check for reset. Granted, this is only a window shopping impression, but I'm very curious about this pistol. While the trigger is one of the nicest striker fired triggers I've tried (similar to how an HK P7 breaks), I would want some kind of manual safety with this gun. In dinking around on the Hudson website, they mention "The H9 comes standard with a trigger safety, but for 1911 purists or for those who just want an added measure of assurance we offer patent pending thumb safeties that can be equipped for left, right or ambidextrous shooters."

The range I was at has an H9 to rent. Will be back next weekend to give it a whirl. While I'm very intrigued by the pistol, I think it's a connoisseur's pistol. It's expensive, heavier and practically, doesn't really do anything better than a lot of currently offered, and vetted, polymer options. Having said that, I have an itch to explore this thing more. It marries a lot of design strengths from different pistols in a unique way, and also has it's own unique designs. Again, very curious to see some reviews and some accuracy testing.
    Last edited by rauchman; 12-31-2017 at 12:01 PM.

User Tag List