Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The 6.5 Grendel, is it right for you?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I just bought a LaRue, I will make sure to update this thread when I get it and shoot it.
    Good call. I recently took the plunge to 6.5G and was looking at Larue, AA, and PF, all have good creds with the 65Grendel guys. I have an upper in the queue at PF, they have a 12-14 week lead time so it should be here in a month.

Right now, thinking about optics, interested to hear what you'll run on the Larue. Mine will be an 18" mid-weight precision barrel, given the realistic hunting/target ranges I'll be shooting at, I plan to run a lighter 2.5-10x FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Good call. I recently took the plunge to 6.5G and was looking at Larue, AA, and PF, all have good creds with the 65Grendel guys. I have an upper in the queue at PF, they have a 12-14 week lead time so it should be here in a month.

Right now, thinking about optics, interested to hear what you'll run on the Larue. Mine will be an 18" mid-weight precision barrel, given the realistic hunting/target ranges I'll be shooting at, I plan to run a lighter 2.5-10x FFP.
    I'm thinking the same thing for the scope.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I just bought a LaRue, I will make sure to update this thread when I get it and shoot it.
    Well I’ll just go be poor somewhere else.

I already have an upper/lower/rail that’s sitting lonely in the safe so it’ll be a frankenbuild for me. Awesome choice on the Larue.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Good call. I recently took the plunge to 6.5G and was looking at Larue, AA, and PF, all have good creds with the 65Grendel guys.
    I’ve looked at the 65Grendel forum, any impressions you’ve seen on just barrels from there? AA, Faxon, Ballistic Advantage? I see they have group buys all the time that I think come from Faxon.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    ARP has their 6.5 G barrels - 18 and 20 inch on closeout. He is a 6.8 guy at heart and often hates on 6.5 G but I have built three 6.5 G uppers with ARP barrels and they were all shooters. If you want to piece together a 6.5 G upper - this may be a deal for you. https://www.ar15performance.com/inc/sdetail/38016/41933

My shooting partner recently built an 18 inch 6.5 G ARP barreled upper and it worked great out to 900 yards with Hornady Black.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I’ve looked at the 65Grendel forum, any impressions you’ve seen on just barrels from there? AA, Faxon, Ballistic Advantage? I see they have group buys all the time that I think come from Faxon.
    All three get pretty good feedback from what I saw. At first I planned to use a Faxon barrel too and put together my own upper, but decided to opt for the PF and go for a precision upper since I don't have one in 5.56.

I built mine around an 18" Faxon match gunner barrel and bolt.

I got the bbl on sale from Aim Surplus last Black friday for $172... and it came with a pinned Faxon gas block.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List