Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone's Marksmanship Evaluation Course of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by benq View Post
    I took his 2 day carbine class in Dec and was very impressed with the amount and quality of information he dispensed. He added a low/no light shoot and intro to vehicle tactics even though it was not part of the original course description. Major bonus for us. Other participants who have taken his Covert carry and vehicle classes had nothing but good things to say. Now I regret not taking them earlier in the year.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Mike has numerous individual skills he imparts in his classes that individually on their own are worth the price of admission. Mike's carbine malfunction drill (5 to 6 rifles lined up with various stoppages) that students run blindfolded is tremendous.

Huge fan of Mike Pannone. I regard his Covert Carry class as "must-take" for anyone who carries concealed:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...-726-727-2014/

My blog partner's experience in a different iteration of the same course:
    https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...february-2015/

My blog partner and I also took his Street and Vehicle class. I would regard this as a bit more LE/mil/PSD-centric, but still full of useful and applicable info for lowly civvies like me:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...010-1011-2015/

I would take a course with Pannone on how to watch paint dry. And I'm only half-joking about that.

These new standards of his look quite daunting. I like that you can achieve various "levels" in shooting them, so you can at least enjoy some success while always striving for more.

Filmed by the one and only Pennzoil of rykernylongear here in CG. Mike is a wealth of info and his MEC is damn hard!

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    JohnO if you took the time to type that out it's greatly appreciated. I saved the picture he posted on P&S and wasn't looking forward to typing it.
    Mike has stated that he will be putting up a printable .jpg once he finishes an LE class he's currently teaching out in Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-08-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    Interesting question - I argued for pass/fail. Let's say there are objective standards - and you fail. Then you have to go to court. Might this be brought up? Of course, it would. If you did well - you are a killer commando. If you fail - incompetent putz, spraying and praying?

So I have lots of certificates saying I took courses, blah, blah. I assume they would be brought up. I told this before. Taking the TX CHL test with the old bottle target, I shot 250's (which anyone can). Some guy says I should miss some shots because if I went to court they would say I should have shot my opponent in the knee. He knew this because he was a sniper.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Some guy says I should miss some shots because if I went to court they would say I should have shot my opponent in the knee. He knew this because he was a sniper.
    It's come up on a grand jury here. A sniper trained officer was asked why he didn't shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand. The officer was able to answer that in the circumstances that would not be a realistic option, explained center mass targeting, etc.

An even half way decent attorney will explain Hollywood vs real life if it were to come up...but it can come up.

This is cool, thanks for posting it.

I think it's a great test, looks very challenging.

Very cool that he and I both came up with .25 as a handicap for concealment.

And I'm glad that someone has come up with a more complicated test than I did.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    There was a case where some guy was sitting on a lawn chair with a gun and an officer shot it out of his hand. He was pretty stationary at the time.

I remember that video. Dude was claiming to be suicidal, sitting in an open street. He had the revolver dangling from a hand while sitting. Officer with a scoped rifle fired prone from less that 50 yards, IIRC.

So, if one had time to call in a precision marksman with a bolt gun....... VERY big maybe.

And the guy's backstop was... ?

I love Mike's stuff, but damn: Edit the video and remove the cruft, for the love of kittens.

Just overlay the times onto the screen...

User Tag List