Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ft Lauderdale Mass Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    That should be their clue to leave the area immediately. Unless they're yelling in Arabic the chances of a bunch of armed white dudes shooting a place up are basically zero.
    True, but if you're a mindless drone who lives in a msnbc-huffpo-twatterverse echo chamber, guns is skeery unless wielded by uniformed govt agents (except when they're skeery because they're an oppressive majority, of course).

If you're part of the heavily indoctrinated culture of fear and inaction then a dude running with a gun in public is automatically a bad guy.

And frankly if part of that culture, then being scared and fleeing rapidly is exactly what you need to do, otherwise you're just randomized soft cover while the men are working.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    That should be their clue to leave the area immediately. Unless they're yelling in Arabic the chances of a bunch of armed white dudes shooting a place up are basically zero.
    As opposed to a single CCWer intervention...Then a single white dude with a gun puts you at a 50/50 that he's either here to help...Or here to shoot you. Cuz most mass shootings are done by white dudes.

Pretty much why I don't run my pale, badge less ass towards the sound of gunfire...Odds of first responders or plainclothes LEO capping me are pretty damn high.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Delta revises procedure to retrieve guns from checked luggage

Delta has begun requiring that passengers pick up their firearms at a baggage service office, not off the carousel. Delta did not announce the revised policy but quietly altered its website in recent weeks to reflect the new process. Delta spokeswoman Ashton Morrow would not elaborate on the change. “It is our policy not to discuss safety and security processes and procedures,” she said in an emailed response.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/for...425-story.html

“I think it’s totally ridiculous,” said Marvin Badler, retired chief of security in the U.S. for Israel’s El Al airline. “They are only moving the location of where they pick up your bag 100, or several hundred, feet away from the carousel.” He said the retrieval point should not be in the terminal where there are many people. Guns should be checked in at a cargo area away from the terminal and picked up at a cargo area as well, where only a handful of people are present, Badler said.

Last edited by Wendell; 04-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I wouldnt throw people at the airport under the bus for being wary of gun wielding guys NOT in a distinct uniform. They did just have the place shot up by a guy in plain clothes... Heck we have cops light up fellow officers cause they either dont ID or dont pick up on the ID and focus on the gun. Plain clothes guys running towards gunfire is always going to be a mixed bag. People already scared shitless arent going to see the itty bitty badge hanging around their neck or on their belt, but they will focus on the enormous hand cannon they are carrying. Just human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I wouldnt throw people at the airport under the bus for being wary of gun wielding guys NOT in a distinct uniform. They did just have the place shot up by a guy in plain clothes... Heck we have cops light up fellow officers cause they either dont ID or dont pick up on the ID and focus on the gun. Plain clothes guys running towards gunfire is always going to be a mixed bag. People already scared shitless arent going to see the itty bitty badge hanging around their neck or on their belt, but they will focus on the enormous hand cannon they are carrying. Just human nature.
    It's not that, it's that they were scared and presumably not booking ass out of there
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Delta has begun requiring that passengers pick up their firearms at a baggage service office, not off the carousel. Delta did not announce the revised policy but quietly altered its website in recent weeks to reflect the new process. Delta spokeswoman Ashton Morrow would not elaborate on the change. “It is our policy not to discuss safety and security processes and procedures,” she said in an emailed response.
    And how do they internally ID the bags with guns to segregate them? We are getting back closer to the days when the orange "steal me" tags were on the outside. I don't want airline employees to be able to look at a bag and know there's a firearm inside it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    And how do they internally ID the bags with guns to segregate them? We are getting back closer to the days when the orange "steal me" tags were on the outside. I don't want airline employees to be able to look at a bag and know there's a firearm inside it.
    I just flew American. The "steal me" tags are back. They are red, say "Special Handling", and by policy are only applied to bags containing firearms. On both legs of the flight they were returned to me via the carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I just flew American. The "steal me" tags are back. They are red, say "Special Handling", and by policy are only applied to bags containing firearms. On both legs of the flight they were returned to me via the carousel.
    On the outside of the bag? That's unacceptable.

Site Supporter
    Yes. On the outside of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Yes. On the outside of the bag.
    Wow! I don't even know what else to say...

User Tag List