Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shaking my head....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So this is what I have to look forward to...
    Buckle up, Buckaroo.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Buckle up, Buckaroo.
    I just can't wait for college. Blonde haired, blue eyed, 25% Hispanic girl identifies as Hispanic to save Daddy money

Note: the baby common snapping turtle although docile and unafraid, was relocated

Name:  IMG_0468.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  101.2 KB
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 01-04-2017 at 10:44 PM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I remember when I was 14 or 15 going to visit grandparents in southern Arizona. We left from a northern Utah temperature inversion with lots of snow on the ground and Arctic temperatures to 50 degree lows. I ran around outside barefoot in shorts, and my grandmother thought I was going to die of the cold.

I don't recall going outside in Utah barefoot and in a tshirt in the Artic temps, though. My baby girl is up there for school. She thought she'd like the snow, but has decided that it's not that awesome.

I've never heard of a teenage girl doing this. It's actually pretty impressive.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Awesome kiddo you've got there. Reminds me of a college buddy who was blond haired, blue-eyed and full-blooded Mexican from a family of brown skin and dark hair. Recessive genes...

People from AK are weird. That other friend walked me through what temperatures meant to her, and said something along the lines of you started paying attention to it being cold around 15 degrees. It snowed one day on campus, and her air conditioner was still running.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Reminds me of a friend from Anchorage I knew in college. Seemed like she wasn't really happy if it wasn't near freezing out.

I'd just be happy you don't have to hear complaining every time it drops below 68 degrees.
    When I was a little kid, my Dad got frostbite in his toes during a business trip to Anchorage. He walked a few blocks from the office to his hotel in loafers. Guess it would have been worth putting on boots after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    At least you don't have to mow the lawn
    Shovel snow.

Mow the lawn.

Reverse sides of the same coin.

Mowing grass and raking leaves is at least work you do where you can drink a glass of iced tea and take a break. Once the FUCKING SNOW starts falling. Clearing the walk, the drive, the stairs, the car, the walk, the drive, the stairs, the car NON-STOP.

I hate mowing too. But it's way easier to hire a lawn service for a 1-2 time a month yard trim. Than hiring someone to come clean my car off and dig it out after every snow fall.

And don't get me started on all the other stupid things associated with winter AND snow. Like having to get dressed and undressed every time you go out or come in. Or the fact that once snow falls...everything is damp...forever. Forget about it. I'll mow your lawn for the rest of your life to not have to deal with snow and winter for the rest of mine.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 01-05-2017 at 02:35 AM.

With cold weather you can always put more clothing on. In the heat, there is only so much clothing that can come off. Not social mores, but even a birthday suit isn't cool in high heat/humidity.

On purely environmental level, I just can't abide the Deep South in the summer.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

My three years in Germany are directly responsible for me living here in South Kackalacky.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Shovel snow.

Mow the lawn.

Reverse sides of the same coin.

Mowing grass and raking leaves is at least work you do where you can drink a glass of iced tea and take a break. Once the FUCKING SNOW starts falling. Clearing the walk, the drive, the stairs, the car, the walk, the drive, the stairs, the car NON-STOP.

I hate mowing too. But it's way easier to hire a lawn service for a 1-2 time a month yard trim. Than hiring someone to come clean my car off and dig it out after every snow fall.

And don't get me started on all the other stupid things associated with winter AND snow. Like having to get dressed and undressed every time you go out or come in. Or the fact that once snow falls...everything is damp...forever. Forget about it. I'll mow your lawn for the rest of your life to not have to deal with snow and winter for the rest of mine.
    Rgr. Snow is a form of ice and ice belongs in a glass, covered with Johnny Walker Black.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List